Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

someone's in MY blind

Old 11-25-2004, 12:40 PM

Default someone's in MY blind

i got to my blind this morning only to find some yahoo setting up dekes 40 feet from me. i pulled up and he comes over to me only to ask me i was from around here. i say yes and i've been hunting this spot for 12 years. he proceeds to tell me he from north jersey and he only comes down for goose season. never even says i'll move or kiss my a-- or anything just goes back to setting up. tells me he was there last week and got a couple of geese. (i had to work). so my question is what would you do? do you fight over it or just move up stream to another spot ?say hunt there today but don't be there next week. with this killing over a guy being told to move out of tree stand it makes me leary of being confrontional. I want to know what some of you would do? i will then post how i handled it
Old 11-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: someone's in MY blind

If its public hunting area just smile and say good luck , you would have no more rights to that spot than he dose and first come first to hunt.
If its private or a lease I would ask him to leave nicely.
If it was just you 2 why didn't you just ask to hunt with him in the blind ? Extra decoys and some one to talk to.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Inactive

johnch:

I like your response - great idea. 2 hunters share a blind - extra dekes, conversation, and who knows - a lasting friendship!!!

I had that happen once, and we became good friends and hunting partners for ducks. That was 40-some years ago, and we still keep in touch!!!
Old 11-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with X.....John couldn`t have put it any better.

Ron
Old 11-25-2004, 04:17 PM

Same thing kinda happend to me today. Although it wasn't a blind, just a spot that I scouted on Tuesday. I pulled up and saw the light that meant for me to move on or at least away. I said to myself, oh well, and moved on.

Still in ear shot of the spot I wanted I later saw and heard the cheers of a young one. Saw some of the ducks that I had hoped to shoot at too.

Later in the day at the dock, I saw that the ones in the spot that I had marked had a youth with them and she got her first duck. She was so proud he had to show me.

So, for me, to answer your question, I just move on, but I don't have a blind, just spots out in the everglades so it may not be the same.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

The sharing the blind is heck of an idea IMO, as long as the other party is receptive to it, otherwise move on for greener pastures elsewhere with confrontation.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:54 PM

i understand where u are all coming from but what about respect for other hunters or hunter ethics? i know if i was in someones spot i would move, just do to the time in the other hunter has . there was no way we were hunting together due to the attitude, ...that i was the space invader. so therefore i went 60yrds up creek thru out a huge spread and motion decoys called everything away from him and had a great day ...i moved on but at the same time i guess i was a d--- about it . but when you put your time in spot it really is annoying for some yahoo to be in it . and just the fact he was rude about it. i guess time in and time building blinds just really doesn't matter anymore.......
Old 11-27-2004, 09:48 PM

You cant complain if its public land.Try getting up and getting out there before some one beats you there.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:04 PM

I have to say that if he seems like a nice guy, and he got some the week before, then he can't be all bad. The idea of sharing with him seems like a great idea. Of course i have never had something like that happen to me before, especially on a spot that you have hunted so long.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:50 AM

I had a similar thing happen to me a few weeks ago on public land. They blocked the access to the water with their pickup. I asked them to move their pickup so I could get in the water and they did not. Since I am older and usually hunt alone I couldn't drag my boat to the water by myself. I went to another place. The next morning I knew the would probably be back as they were nonresidents and probably would be hunting several more days I got there at 3 am and blocked the place as they did. I unloaded my boat and gear and sat there till they showed up. I intended to move if they asked nicely. They did not ask and left. I went hunting then but moved my vehicle so someone else could get in.

Quick Reply: someone's in MY blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.