Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Band Info Arrived!

Old 11-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Band Info Arrived!

Well I got the info from my banded hen hoodie I shot a few weeks ago. Turns out she was banded about 7 miles from where i killed her in may of this year and was a 2 year or older bird. Not a foreign bird like I hoped but still is cool to me!!!!!
Old 11-27-2004, 07:52 PM

Default RE: Band Info Arrived!

yeah carp .... thats awesome man !!!! congrats .... i could care less if a bird was banded 7 feet from where i was standing ... lol .... id still be happy ..... very cool that ya killed a banded hoodie ... never have seen one myself .... only diver i have ever killed that was banded was a canvasback .... other than that i have never seen a band on a diver and i hunt with ALOT of people ..... congrats again .... ya take care and have a good one .... later
Old 11-28-2004, 09:24 AM

Mine that I got was banded 800+ miles from where I shot him. I thought that was cool. He was 3 years old.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:43 AM

I got a mallard drake that was banded near blackie Alberta Canada 3 months before I shot him in the mid willamette valley OREGON. way cool!