Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

fellow hoosiers?

Old 12-01-2004, 01:12 PM

Default RE: fellow hoosiers?

I don't get to start until Sat. Could only get a 5day out of state liscen and deer tag.

So far the duck report is great. Ducks are really holding. Don't know anything about the area as of yet. My brother tells me that it's been raining alot up there.

Good luck to you all. You see someone whearing Gator colors, you'll know who it is.

Look for the deer and ducks in the truck. (I hope)
Old 12-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I should have said "MUD HERE I COME!!!!!" by the sounds of it but all in all should be a great weekend to kill some birds! Luck to everyone ele hunting that wonderfully silly state.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:53 PM

Opening weekend I hunted just between washington and wheatland. Not very good at all. Had alot of ducks spill in just after shooting hours. Mostly teal which is odd because they should be on their way south by now. we need some cold weather and fast. Have a buddy who hunted a little closer to vincennes and they shot thirty.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:07 AM

the birds arent here yet .... i would hold off for real ....doesnt get good here til dec and jan .... but there are a few mallards around, blacks, teal, spoons, and a few woodies still holding ....as far as being strange to shoot teal this time of year .....we shoot em here all the way up til the end of the season .... the blue wings are the ones that bug out early for the most part .... dunno why but the gw's are a lil hardier bird it seems ... not sayin ya wrong ... i believe most of em are already south wearin shades and soakin up the warm weather .... but ALOT stay back and if ya can find em .... ya can get into em in great numbers into january
Old 12-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quit your crying and get out and hunt, you have to hunt to find the birds canis!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 01:20 PM

carp i shoot my birds .... lol ..... not that they arent here .... but not in great numbers yet .... ya talk to any duckhunter in this area and ask them when the best time to hunt this area is and they will tell ya the same as what i just told ya ... lol ..... but we been killin birds ... but carp ya already seen the pix .... lol .... plus i want em all to myself ... im greedy lol .... good luck yall .... but please save a few (hundred) for me hehehehe
Old 12-05-2004, 05:35 PM

hey DHF, id save your time the birds aint down here yet just went this weekend on the wabash. all the birds are residents around here. maybe seen 50 the whole weekend. the river aint right yet either if your huntin the wabash. everybody i talked to said that they wasnt even poundin em at hoveys.