Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What's your Priority?

Old 11-23-2004, 08:00 PM

Default What's your Priority?

How do you fill your need for waterfowl when you have class or work all week. The only time I have to hunt is during the weekend. Migration is in full swing and all I can think about is DUCKS! I want to go out everyday but surely I would fail out of college. Anybody have any tips to get you through the days?
Old 11-23-2004, 10:30 PM

Default RE: What's your Priority?

pick out a hot female in class and hunt her like a banded sprig or canvasback ..... lol
Old 11-23-2004, 10:38 PM

Ahh that might be the best advice anybodies ever given me.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:15 AM

to be serious tho .... maybe ya should use the spare time ya get (even if less than hour) to scout each day .... scout ya tail off during the week ... so when ya do get the couple days a week to hunt ya will be on birds and have sum great hunts ..... also if ya a beginner .... maybe get sum books and read the habits of birds and learn how to ID the different birds .... also if ya teacher dont mind .... practice ya calls while in class (sorry couldnt be completely serious)
Old 11-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also have scouted a lot, also try to get some farm property with creeks, they make awesome quick jump shooting hunts that are a lot of fun, also try scheduling class so you can hunt somewhere nearby once or twice a week. Good luck!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 09:24 PM

i can't (quack) figure out (quack) what your talking about (quack) but its 11:00pm and i cant sleep (quack) just waiting for 1/2 hour before sunrise(quack) it is the worst when you can't even concentrate just thinking about how to set the decoy spread (quack) gotta go make sure strings are not tangled
Old 11-24-2004, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: phuckaduck

i can't (quack) figure out (quack) what your talking about (quack) but its 11:00pm and i cant sleep (quack) just waiting for 1/2 hour before sunrise(quack) it is the worst when you can't even concentrate just thinking about how to set the decoy spread (quack) gotta go make sure strings are not tangled
Old 12-01-2004, 08:32 PM

ghillie, I'm in the same boat. I go to Purdue up in west lafayette, IN and there is some decent hunting on the Kankakee river but even that's an hour away. I get the duck fever too, but you should do what me and my hunting buddy do and just head home every friday right after class and get your hunting in. We also like to watch the Duckmen series videos in our spare time. Hey class is just something you have in between hunting!!!
Old 12-11-2004, 09:03 PM

Here is a tip-
Teachers tend to not like the following(I know)-
-Mapping out your spread on the back of tests
-Drawing mallards or pintails on desks (She never saw the teal)
-Having more "Ducks Unlimited" Magazines than textbooks
-Knowing how to say "I like to hunt ducks" in spainish
Old 12-11-2004, 11:45 PM

rofl. i do draw some good some good spreads during class.

Quick Reply: What's your Priority?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.