Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Duck Decoys ?

Old 10-27-2004, 12:26 PM

Default Duck Decoys ?

Hey All,

I am lookin on what kind of Duck Decoys to buy , i am lookin for a good Brand of Decoys Makers . i want something that the ducks like.
Also i am looking to by about 48 Mallards Deks and about 12 Bluebills and 12 Wood Ducks and 12 gadwalls for River Hunting . Which decoys looks the best and draw ducks Pretty Good. ANy info would be glady apperciated , Also if anyone here is wantin to sell some deks then Leave me a line i will buy them. Thanks Alot , RedneckDuckman17
Old 10-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Duck Decoys ?

The first time me and my buddies were out and set up our spread (2doz mallards) we had 2 ducks come fly down and probably would have landed had they not seen us. This all happened before we even got to the place we were going to sit, so we didn't call them in or anything. I am not sure what brand he has, but I have the cheap Flambeau decoys that they sell at wal-mart.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:15 PM

The new Greenhead Gear decoys are the most realistic looking at the best price, but may be hard to find. You can get the hot buy mallards, which look great, for $20-25 per dozen, therefore giving you your 4 dozen mallards for around $100. Quite a deal. They also have some great looking other species for a higher price. Check Flambeau as well. They are reasonable and look OK. The new mallard design is better than their previous designs.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:34 AM

get the greenheag magnums and the life sizes more mangums thoe also the hotbuy decoys are pretty good we had wood duck land in them and we did not even hear him or see him
Old 10-31-2004, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

You get what you pay for and this is particularly true in decoys. A dozen cork decoys will outdraw 2-3 dozen plastic. Better to bite the bullet and buy a dozen than plastics. If you can't swing money for cork get the herters from cabela's.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:10 PM

i agree with ruddy ... altho i dont own any myself .... the corks and herters float so lifelike in rough water ..... but .... g&h make great decoys .... the paint holds GREAT ..... thats the main prob with almost all the decoys i have used .... i have 18 doz decoys .... and the best paint holders believe it or not are sum ancient carry-lites (they must be using a different paint or painting process now) and the g&h as far as wanting to get a few dozen dekes .... id just buy 2 dozen mallards ..... a dozen divers (cans or bills) ....and go with that ..... then add when ya have the extra $ or feel its needed
Old 11-11-2004, 07:51 AM

Yep it's a given, you get what you pay for. But here's a cheap deal I found at wallyworld:
1 dozen mallards, 6 drake, 6 hen, water keeled. Made by Flambeau, for $18.00, and some change.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the expensive dekes work better but all of the more reasonably priced dekes will work and youll kill birds!!
Old 11-11-2004, 03:37 PM

I use G&H Decoys.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:27 AM

Check out columbia river deeks I did and my heart almost stopped $480.00 per dozen!

Quick Reply: Duck Decoys ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.