Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Beneli Super Black Eagle

Old 10-24-2004, 04:43 PM

Default Beneli Super Black Eagle

How good of gun is this. I am looking for a quality shotgun that shoots 3 1/2 and 2 3/4. I believe the whole name is Super black Eagle with Comfort Grip.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:47 PM

Default RE: Beneli Super Black Eagle

First off, I have only shot one. I do own a Beneli Black Eagle, the first model. That gun is amazing! I don't believe you could find a better gun. Just so you know I shot it on a friendly trap shoot, but I do competitive shotgunning and enjoy a great gun. I just need some more cash to be able to get it.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:39 PM

I am not sure what the price is. Do you know a site that shows prices. Also I have a Remmington 11-87 special purpose. and realy love it. But my dad was talking about getting a new gun and i think i want this one. Lol the one i am looking at is camo. but i am not sure if i want it in camo. Hummm what do ya think
Old 10-24-2004, 08:33 PM

Thanks anyway, but Bennelli isn't in the books for reliabilty or customer service....4 mo. for a barrel replacement don't work for me...I've heard of this kind of trouble more than a few times
Old 10-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

I have played with a lot of shotguns and as far as I am concerned Benelli has the smoothest shotguns on the market. I have a Benelli Nova Pump and I love it. If I was going to buy an auto it would be a Benelli SBE II. The SBE is about $1150 and The SBE II is about $1250.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:09 AM

My good huntin buddy swears by his. He has an older one, H&K import. It's been dubbed the "BLACK STICK OF DEATH". He's had trouble with 2 3/4" shells cycling though. Looks pretty funny in the dove field shucking empties with a semi. He picked up a new 20 ga Beneli this year Sept.1st for dove and is going to have the 12 professionally cleaned by a gunsmith. 2 days at the gunshop but no gaurantee it will solve the problem. His 12 has been through h#@@ and he wouldn't buy anything else but a Beneli.
I shoot doubles and don't ever have trouble with squeezing off two shots when its needed. Beneli has a black mark in my book for buying up small gunsmiths in Italy, kinda like the old Italian doubles...sad to to see the big guy buying em out.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:59 PM

I hunt a lot of ducks. I have experience with Browning Gold, Berreta A390, Rem 11-87, Mossbacks, and SBEs as far as semi-autos go. I believe the Benelli is the best of the bunch. Fewer moving parts, snap to clean, points well, shoots well dirty, action that's like butter,--a real pleasure to shoot. You will defintely NOT go wrong with this gun. As for the service problems mentioned earlier, none of my hunting buddies (at least a dozen) who are owners of the SBE have ever had a problem to use the service. Also my experience has been that service is slow with all gun companies during their busy season. Good luck!
Old 10-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

It's a very good waterfowling gun and a great choice. They do have their fair share of problems, just like any other semi auto shotgun. In the 3 1/2" models I like five models. The Beretta Xtrema, Benelli SBE, Browning Gold, Franchi 912, and the Winchester SX2. Anyone of these models are a great choice. What works for me, may not for you. I would look at all five of them if possible then pick the one YOU like the best.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Fork Horn

It's a fine gun...I've seen more malfunctions from them than some 3.5" guns and less than others...the SX2 and the Beretta Extrema are the only 2 I haven't seen fail...but we aren't talking catastrophe's either, just a fail to eject or not fully cycle, from most...I'd say it's probably a 7 or an 8 on the reliability scale with 10 being the best (a stackbarrel or SxS, but they are too hard to use in a duck blind)...so if you like it go for it...but don't forget to check out Browning, Winchester, Beretta, etc....
Old 10-27-2004, 09:58 PM

Benelli SBE is a fine piece that will hold its value for years to come. I have a Nova pump that is a workhorse and have many friends that own SBE. Everyone swears by them. I have other things to buy in my near future but a SBE is on my Christmas wish list.

Quick Reply: Beneli Super Black Eagle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.