Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Question regarding stamps

Old 10-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Question regarding stamps

I had bought all of my bird hunting stamps at Wal Mart, and I got charged for everything, but on the printed license itself, it doesnt indicate that I have a federal waterfowl stamp. I just noticed this today because I was wondering, I got my pheasant stamp in the mail, the guy gave me the waterfowl stamp for the state at the store, and I never got a stamp for federal waterfowl in the mail or anything.
I am new to this so I don't know how it all works. I would just check out my friends license, or give them a call, but I have laryngitis so I can't talk, and they are both away at school until the weekend.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:52 PM

Default RE: Question regarding stamps

So you got everything but a waterfowl stamp? Sorry I got confused reading that a little.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, sorry, didn't do the best in English class...haha

So yeah, I got everything (State Migratory Waterfowl Stamp, Small Game, Pheasant Stamp) except for the Federal Stamp..But it should have come in the mail at the same time my Pheasant Stamp came...
Old 10-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

here in kansas, you can buy the state and fed waterfowl stamp in the walmart store.

the fed stamp comes on a larger piece of paper, sort of like two poker cards end to end.

look at your receipt ( you still have it, dont you??? ). the charge for a fed waterfowl stamp is probably $15.75, give or take 75 cents from walmart.

if the $15 fed waterfowl stamp purchase isnt on your receipt, you need to purchase one.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

The MN state stamp is sent to you, but the federal stamp is given to you right there when you buy it. If you don't have one now you are probably out of luck and will need to buy another one, unless you can convince the place that you bought it to give you another (hope you still have the reciept).
Old 10-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Typical Buck

Alright I feel I little stupid right now, it is the federal one they gave me...it is the state I am waiting on...
And I do have the reciept..I just found it odd that one stamp came and the other didn't
Old 10-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't worry about it. I think that the endorsement on your licence is good for 30 days or so. So even if you don't have the actual stamp, you will be just fine as long as your license says that you purchased a state stamp. By the way- don't forget to sign your stamps. A buddy of mine got checked once and was given a ticket for not signing his stamps. I think the fine was something like $90. Ouch!
Old 10-08-2004, 06:41 AM

You can also get that Federal stamp at most Post Offices. They don't usually mail them to you.

If I were you I'd swing by the Post Office.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah, I will definately make sure to do taht before I go out hunting..that would suck