Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Opener

Old 09-27-2004, 05:39 AM

Default Opener

This weekend was opener here in MN and it was great
we got 15 ducks this weekend. We always hunt up at our farm in Alexandria on the little ponds but this year we went out on the big lake
it was fanamanal we got teal woodies and mallards there were three other groups where we hunted and they also did well. goin out again next weekend

take em
Old 09-27-2004, 02:07 PM

Default RE: Opener

Well you did much better then us. We shot 8 ducks and 4 geese for 4 people for the weekend. Great to get out again though despite the heat and mosquitos.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:46 PM

Opener doesnt start until this Saturday. I am too excited for it. I cant wait.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:39 PM

Oh sure rub it in! Just kidding were do you live in MN? I live in stillwater.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:10 AM

Here in Iowa, we had ducks a plenty this opener. We had a higher than normal amount of mallards in the dekes this year. Bluewing teal were everywhere. We all shot limits in just an hour. I hope everyone else had equal success, it was just phenomenal!
Old 09-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Opens Saturday here in Wisconsin too, everywhere aroud here is always such a nightmare on public land opening weekend that my dad and I decided not even to go out, were going to try it early during the week and hunt a canal on private land opening weekend.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just got back from a horrible opener, just happened to be in the wrong place, managed to get a nice drake woody and mallard, and a goose.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:24 PM

I'm almost jealous of you northerners early seasons, but I find solace in the fact that I hunt in Arkansas, mallard capitol of the world!
Old 10-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

This season sucks as far as success, but IM havin fun!!!! 2 more this morning.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:01 AM

Hunted North Dakota near Devils Lake for Out of State duck opener. It was great. Did some Marsh and Field Hunting and had great shooting the whole time. The only draw back was I was to eager at the begining and took some widgeons and gadwells. If I would of passed on them I could had a few more mallards instead, they were everywhere.

Quick Reply: Opener

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.