Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

My duck pond (pic)

Old 06-23-2004, 05:59 PM

Default RE: My duck pond (pic)

Talk about a perfect set up. I'm jealous
Old 06-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

A beautiful pond setup. I wish mine looked as good as that.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Spike

Thanks and like all of you, I do so love a great duck hunt. That said, I also enjoy just going and watching them. I made a hidden observation point on a hill by the duck pond so that I could take friends in the afternoon and watch the ducks pour in. They come in for almost an hour each afternoon to feed before they zoom out in mass in a stunning display of beauty as they head towards my roost pond. It really does make for quite a show that you just can't see too many times.
Last year I made a great video of the ducks as they came into the pond in group after group. It's amazing to see. They just keep coming long after you think it's about to stop. Every time I see something like that, or watch a remarkable sunset while sitting in a deer stand, or watch a covey of quail flush out of the brush, or simply enjoy an afternoon picking fresh blackberries while walking around the farm, I truly count my blessings and wonder why so few people now take time to appreciate and enjoy the simple things that truly make life worth living.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:48 AM

Great looking ponds. Amen to to simple things in life. I make it a habit to take long quiet walks with my dogs in the woods behind my house and watch over the rice fields. I can sit back there for hours and hours. The wife and kids think I'm crazy and would rather be a hermit. Nice job and get some more pics this season.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:08 AM

A really Colourful duck, and congradulations on the snapshots, it seems strange to think of a duck nesting in a tree!! When does the season start over their with you?
Wildfowler.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:49 AM

very cool