Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Anyone need any decoys?

Old 01-23-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Anyone need any decoys?

I have added a bunch of new decoys to my spread because Academy had them on sale for 50% off! Yahooooo........

Anyway, I have a dozen or two dekes that could use some TLC and touch up paint but float fine. I'm willing to give them away to a novice who's just starting out.

The person who gives me the best reason why they should get them can have em for free! I'll even pay the shipping.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:58 PM

Default RE: Anyone need any decoys?

I'll take my name off the list.

Give them to this guy

|
|
v
Old 01-23-2004, 03:47 PM

#1 - im not much of a writer
#2 - im not real comfortable asking for free-bees but ill try by explaining my situation

Im 15 and started duck hunting on my own this year, i bought a double reed call and practiced all early fall with it, and bought a dozen flambeau mallards. With a little help from my dad(taking me to huntin place) I managed to kill one mallard this year. I still feel kind of weird trying to make myself sound...in need or whatever. Im sure there are people on here that need them more than i do and i do not want to take away something they deserve or need. -Darren
Old 01-23-2004, 09:43 PM

delete
Old 01-24-2004, 01:57 AM

Give them to MOBH. Nothing like getting a young guy involved in duck hunting.

my hats off to you,, we need more people willing to help out people just getting started!
Old 01-24-2004, 07:11 PM

I just started duck hunting, I am 15, I just got a lab 5 months ago, I love to hunt birds-upland/waterfowl! I would like to at least know what to really look for. My dad doesn't really hunt waterfowl so I am kinda on my own here. I don't like to beg or ask for things but I could eat some big pieces of humble pie...
Old 01-24-2004, 07:48 PM

im 15 hunt with my friend same age weve been trying for about a 1 and a half to get money together for decoys and we still can`t we hunt just over water and if they land on the water that is the only way we get them so i would like something better then water to bring them in
Old 01-24-2004, 07:49 PM

i meant 1 and a half years
Old 01-24-2004, 10:31 PM

try going to cabelas.com, or basspro.com, and they have a set of 12 for around 25$. If your 15 like myself, that is less than days work in the summer.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Tx....I could use the decoys. I don't have any of my own. I helped a couple of my friends build a blind in the Potomac this summer and it looked nice when we finished...then came Isabel and took her away. Since then they have rebuilt it.....They've been bugging me to get out there and hunt but I don't because, I've never Duck hunted before but I do want to get into it. Everyone says its addicting...Is that true? Well in anycase, If you can't use em, I sure can...and especailly if its really addicting.
VH

Quick Reply: Anyone need any decoys?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.