Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

How did the season go?

Old 01-23-2004, 10:35 AM

Default How did the season go?

I hunt mainly here in SW Ohio and my partner and I have taken exactly 82 birds this year(geese and ducks). We have shot just about every duck in the book except for a cans. This has been one of our better years of gunning.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:12 PM

Default RE: How did the season go?

I've taken 98 ducks to date and still have this weekend to get up over 100! Our season ends Sunday. The geese have started moving down and we have extended seasons on white fronted geese through March.

I hope to smack a few of those very soon!

The ducks I've taken so far consist of mainly teal, ring-neck, bluebill, gadwald, ruddy and a handfull of mallards. The greenheads are just starting to really show up, a little late though!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:04 PM

We have taken mallards, pentails, buffleheads, teal, surf scoters, widgeon, gadwalls, redheads, ringnecks, mergs, geese, blacks, and a few more I can't think of right now.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:42 PM

I have shot around 40 ducks and 4 giant geese. Would have killed 3 times this if I shot better.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

My season was cut 20 days short because of un-seasonably cold weather, so my last day of hunting was novemebr 5th and the season closed on like the 26th I think. On the 5th everything froze solid everywhere so my harvest was down about 25% from last year. I ended up with 75 ducks total and 15 geese. If I could've hunted the last 20 days of this season I know I would've way surpassed my last year total of 102 ducks and 12 geese. So i guess it didn't go to bad.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:39 PM

not so good... spent the season deer and elk hunting. When duck hunting came everything was frozen over. o well. i will get some next year
Old 02-01-2004, 11:20 PM

Best season ever. 163 birds, and we still have till Mar 10. Never broke 100 before. You think being laid off had anything to do with it?
Old 02-02-2004, 11:35 AM

Maybe just a little Goldeneye! Sounds like a banner year.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not too hot this year. The super cold weather froze my honey holes so the season ended a little earlier than usual. Goose season is still in, but I'm not sure if i'm going out again.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Spike

Well Western CO isnt known for its waterfowl huntin, especially on the White River! But this year totally sucked as far as the birds went. My son was born the first week of season, was in the hospital 2 weeks with him, thankfully all is well now then it got cold as all get out and the few birds we would have had high-tailed it to warmer weather. Now my last option is to go over to the eastern slope and chase some geese, more or less till the end of march. Oh well theres always next year right? Gives me more time to bust clays and perfect my allready perfect.....ok not perfect but im workin on it.....shot. Buy more dekes, and just prepare. All aint lost turkey starts soon enuf.....

Quick Reply: How did the season go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.