Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

A Good pirogue...

Old 01-17-2004, 08:02 PM

Default A Good pirogue...

[8D] Would anyone reccomend a good brand pirogue for duck hunting........fiberglass, aluminum, etc...
Old 01-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A Good pirogue...

The old Fin&Feather is hard to beat.

My cousin got an open Cajun style last year and put a trolling motor on the back.

My vote goes for fiberglass - but I haven't had any experience with the aluminum ones.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A Good pirogue...

If you are just looking for a one man no dog boat. Check out Bobcat or Water Moccasin. The Fin&Feathers used to have a false bottom and were heavy and set low in the water. I like some of the new Al. ones out now would be a low maint. lifetime boat. Stay away from trolling motors with the added weight of motor and battery boat will be no good in shallows or moss. Try and keep boat weight around 50 lbs. you never know when you might have to drag it across a bit of land.