HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Seasons over. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/424734-seasons-over.html)

jnicholes 12-31-2020 01:35 PM

Seasons over.

I caught COVID-19.

I am quarantining myself, and will be unable to hunt for the remainder of the Waterfowl season. Season is over for me.

Totals this season:

4 ducks down, 3 retrieved, 1 unretrievable.

1 Canada Goose down, successfully retrieved.

Jared

Oldtimr 01-01-2021 04:25 AM

Next season is waiting. Stay warm and sip good whisky.

RedneckGeek1 01-01-2021 11:45 AM

Sorry to hear that. There's always next year.

mrbb 01-01-2021 12:24 PM

the season is NEVER over
there is always scouting , looking for sheds, coyote hunting, and many other forms of hunting that go on almost yr round
all you need to do is recover and get back at things
and what better time than in recovery when stuck home, to read up and learn more about things

you can also scout from home these days too
google earth is a super tool that can be used from home
you can also enjoy reading of success of those still hunting, or just there success in there past hunts

Hunting is a never ending game and never ending learning more about it and the game we chase!

its NEVER over IMO!

Sorry you got the covid, hope that doesn't last or hit you hard
so best of luck on a speedy recovery

but keep hunting even if only from home!

jnicholes 01-01-2021 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by mrbb (Post 4385890)
the season is NEVER over
there is always scouting , looking for sheds, coyote hunting, and many other forms of hunting that go on almost yr round
all you need to do is recover and get back at things
and what better time than in recovery when stuck home, to read up and learn more about things

you can also scout from home these days too
google earth is a super tool that can be used from home
you can also enjoy reading of success of those still hunting, or just there success in there past hunts

Hunting is a never ending game and never ending learning more about it and the game we chase!

its NEVER over IMO!

Sorry you got the covid, hope that doesn't last or hit you hard
so best of luck on a speedy recovery

but keep hunting even if only from home!

Thanks for all the encouraging words. Truth be told, I知 going to be 24 on January 9, and COVID-19 is hitting me hard. Only been this sick once before in my life.

I am going to be honest, I thought because of my young age, I would be able to fight this easily.

Looks like I seriously underestimated COVID-19.

Regardless, thanks for your encouraging words. As soon as I recover, I値l figure out what to do when it comes to hunting. Maybe I値l plan my spring or fall black bear hunt.

Jared

jnicholes 01-05-2021 11:17 AM

Hey, just letting you all know, I知 OK now. That was a nasty virus, but I知 feeling a lot better. Maybe I could squeeze in some more hunting before the season ends. I have to renew my license though.

Oldtimr 01-05-2021 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by jnicholes (Post 4386022)
Hey, just letting you all know, I知 OK now. That was a nasty virus, but I知 feeling a lot better. Maybe I could squeeze in some more hunting before the season ends. I have to renew my license though.

We used to have to do that in PA until they changed our license year from an annual year to a fiscal year. Now our license is good from July 1 to June 30 each year.