Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

A Waterfowl Thanksgiving

Old 11-14-2020, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default A Waterfowl Thanksgiving

So, this is just a plan, it may succeed, it may fail. Hereís whatís going on.

I am heading down to Nevada for Thanksgiving in 10 days. I spoke to my aunt, and she would like me to try to get a duck to serve alongside Thanksgiving dinner as a side dish.

Exciting, right? Anyway, starting day after tomorrow, Iím going to be hunting ducks daily to see if I can get one duck for Thanksgiving for my aunt.

I will post when the hunt starts, and Iíll post daily to let you know if I get one or not.

Should I fail to get a duck in time, donít worry, weíve got a plan in case I donít get one.Wish me luck!

Jared
Old 11-22-2020, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Havenít posted in a while, had to get tested for COVID-19 Since it came back negative, I was finally able to start hunting. I was able to get the duck for Thanksgiving today.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

well first I am seeing this thread, guess I missed it when you made it
but anyways, I wish you the best of luck to add a duck to the table for all to enjoy!
Old 11-22-2020, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
well first I am seeing this thread, guess I missed it when you made it
but anyways, I wish you the best of luck to add a duck to the table for all to enjoy!
Thank you. I failed to mention, itís a small hen. 1 lbs. 6 oz. empty weight. Largest hen Iíve ever shot was 3 pounds.

Just for information, In my state, youíre allowed seven ducks a day, but no more than two can be female mallards.

itís small, but thatís OK. It wonít drown out the rest of the dinner. Itís a side dish, which was the plan.

I actually made some orange sauce to make Duck Aíorange. Not sure if I spelled that right.

iím also making gravy out of the giblets. In a nutshell, Iím contributing a few things to Thanksgiving dinner.

I am attempting to attach a photo of the duck, but it may not work. Iím having some problems.

iím hitting the sack now, so Iíll talk in about 12 hours.

Jared
Old 11-23-2020, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you got your duck!

-Jake