Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

I need help

Old 11-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Spike

Default I need help

Hi I started hunting when I was 15 been three years I知 18 now and want to get back into waterfowl hunting I知 located in Tampa Florida but am having trouble finding a place to hunt can someone help me out
Old 11-07-2020, 04:33 AM
Spike

Anyone please
Old 11-07-2020, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Hang on, help is on the way. I am doing research on your regulations and figuring out if I can help you out or not.
Old 11-07-2020, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Check your Private messages
Old 11-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jnicholes
Check your Private messages
will do thank you sir
Old 11-08-2020, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

you can also try asking about at local hunting stores, gun shops, and even fishing shops, you can also contact your local game wardens and ask them if they know of any places, next drive about looking for area's that have waterfowl and start knocking on doors, and asking, introduce yourself, never know till you try
and it also helps to start looking for places to hunt LONG before the hunting season, waiting till last minute or IN seasons will yield less chances as many land owners view this as YOU being lazy and disrespectful to NOT come sooner before season, BUT some will still let you, as crop damages and such can be costly to farmers that have crops being eaten by large folks of waterfowl!
keep in mind hunting is hunting, be it for game or a place to hunt, the more you put into it, the better your success will be!
and it all comes down to YOU and your willingness to try more things and work harder!
Old 11-08-2020, 05:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mrbb
you can also try asking about at local hunting stores, gun shops, and even fishing shops, you can also contact your local game wardens and ask them if they know of any places, next drive about looking for area's that have waterfowl and start knocking on doors, and asking, introduce yourself, never know till you try
and it also helps to start looking for places to hunt LONG before the hunting season, waiting till last minute or IN seasons will yield less chances as many land owners view this as YOU being lazy and disrespectful to NOT come sooner before season, BUT some will still let you, as crop damages and such can be costly to farmers that have crops being eaten by large folks of waterfowl!
keep in mind hunting is hunting, be it for game or a place to hunt, the more you put into it, the better your success will be!
and it all comes down to YOU and your willingness to try more things and work harder!
thank you for the advice but all the land near me is rural with no houses by any chance do you have advice on how I could locate or find numbers to call and I might be out of luck this season just moved down from Ohio
Old 11-08-2020, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

well , a simple to do at home tool is, GOOGLE EARTH< scan about, get farther out of your area if needed, as not everyone lives next door to good hunting, many travel far and wide to hunt! , if thats the only option you have and wish to hunt, well, got to travel,
but google earth can get you to see things before driving , and once you find spots, make a day, and GO to them area's, knock on doors if needed, or again, CALL your local game warden,.
since I DON"T know where your at, I cannot direct you to places, as I also am NOT from your area to know these things
Like Is aid, the more you PUT INTO something, the more you get inn return, work is work, and some times to get what you want you have to do the work first!
be it traveling outside your area, spending time knocking on doors, talking to people, , gun shops, archery shops, hunting clubs, game wardens, locals
LOTS of hunters out there is all different types of jobs and places, Until you ask, you never know WHO might be able to help you
and OH< don't forget asking family and friends,
like friends you go to school with, or likes, have them ASK parents, or other family members,
again, hunting is hunting, be it for game, to a PLACE to hunt
its something YOU can control to a point, the more you put into it, again the more you get back
just asking on a forum seldom gets you access to a place to hunt, as if folks posted where top HUNT< any good spot would get ruined real fast when everyone and there brother showed up cause they were TOLD online its a good spot!
asking on a forum gets you typically information/advice on how YOU can find spots, but the work to find them is on your shoulders if you follow!
and most land owners do NOT like COLD phone calls about hunting there lands, as they prefer FACE TO FACE CONTACT, so they can SEE you, and decide if you LOOK like a person they MIGHT trust on there land,
so just making phone calls IMO< is a BAD idea on trying to ask for permission to hunt,
it also shows laziness to a point of not making the effort to come and face to face ASK!
I AM a land owner, know tons of land owners across the USA and other countries as well, and this is a common thing between us,
YES maybe some won't care, but IMO< most do see a difference in HOW and WHEN you ask for permission!
and it aslo never hurts to OFFER something in return for access, be it small gestures of help in off season on a farm,,. mowing a lawn, and AFTER hunting, a small token goes a long way too, be it a simple thank you card in the mail,, or even some of the game meat you got, or a small gift
its NOT about money all the time, or size or costs of a gift, its the thought that shows you actually took the time to VALUE something someone let you do! and not being taken for granted you LET THEM ON YOUR LAND!

so, remember this if you DO gain access, if you wish to return again and again, DON"T forget to treat land owners well, it can lead to a LOT more access to other lands, as most farmers and land owners KNOW others like them.
its lead me to countless great friends I made over the yrs that all started with a knock on a door, or asking them in some other place I /they were at!
but it took me to do get the ball rolling, not like they were looking for me to give access to LOL

Old 11-08-2020, 08:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

And don't invite all your friends unless you asked permission first from the land owner.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe check on Florida's Wildlife Management Areas also.

http://www.eregulations.com/florida/...ublic-hunting/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.