Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Practicing for next season. >

Practicing for next season.

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Practicing for next season.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Practicing for next season.

Hello,

I decided to practice my shotgun aiming for next duck and goose season. I am practicing by clay pigeon shooting.

For those that don't know, I shoot a remington 870 12 gauge with a modified choke.

I actually went out yesterday to shoot clay pigeons. I went with a friend of mine. However, all we had was a hand thrower, and my friend just couldn't launch the clay pigeons.

Eventually, we asked if we could join some people with their clay pigeon launcher. They said yes, and I competed with a guy much older than me. We were seeing who would hit the target first.

I hit so many that they gave me more ammo and more clay pigeons to stay longer.

Good practice for next duck and goose season. Next time I go out, I will score myself.

I'll have 2 shots per clay pigeon. If I hit on the first shot, its worth 3 points. If I hit on the second, its worth 2 points. Miss both, and no points.

25 clay pigeons will be launched one at a time in random directions.

This is what I read about clay pigeon shooting on the internet. If I am not correct, please tell me.

Thats all. I'll post more later.

Jared
Old 03-15-2020, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any practice on your shotgun wing and aiming is time well spent. Sounds like you had fun.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:30 PM
Spike

Yeah, you always got to stay fresh.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:15 PM
Spike

A great workout for the shooting. Any training brings us closer to success