Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Colorado Duck Hunting Mentor >

Colorado Duck Hunting Mentor

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Colorado Duck Hunting Mentor

Old 12-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Spike

Default Colorado Duck Hunting Mentor

Hi all,

I made my first venture into hunting this year with a doe pronghorn tag that I filled in about 3 hours. I'm sure next year I'll wish I had to work a little harder for it. Now I'm trying to get into waterfowl hunting. I'm wondering if there's anyone on here who lives in the Denver or Colorado Front Range area who'd be willing to let me duck or goose hunt with them and show me the ropes a bit. I research things to death but know there's nothing like learning from someone who's experienced. Any help would be much appreciated.

-Pete
Old 12-19-2018, 03:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Find your closest Duck Unlimited Chapter and join the committee. I have no doubt you will be able to find a mentor in one or more of the committee members and you will have fun and raise funds fir waterfowl habitat.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Good advice. You'll have a lot of fun and meet a lot of duck hunters in your area.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:01 PM
Spike

Thanks all. I wasn't too impressed by my local DU chapters when I reached out to them and never got any replies. But based off of your advice I'd imagine it'd be worth some in person interaction with the chapter members.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tell them you would like to,join the committee, they are always looking for people to help.