Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Tall fella

Old 09-03-2018, 07:39 PM
Spike

Default Tall fella

Hi, new here, but I’m a very tall guy looking to purchase a ground blind for the upcoming season. I’m wondering if anyone has any insight on a blind built for taller people. I’m 6’7 and want to purchase asap! Thanks in advance!
Old 09-03-2018, 10:29 PM
Spike

Do you mean specifically a layout blind? You want to be able to lay on the ground while concealed and pop out and shoot birds I'm assuming. Look at some online and look at the length when they are setup. You're 79 inches plus you'll need a little extra because of gear and you're sitting slightly up in them. The cheapest one at Cabela's is 81.5 inches based on their website. That might be a bit snug. The next one is 200 but it's listed as 97 inches. That should be plenty of room for you.