Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Ever had ducks stolen?

Old 10-31-2003, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ever had ducks stolen?

Has anybody ever had any ducks stolen? I shot a nice woodie went down about 60 yards away, right next to a guys blind. The guy gets his dog to go out into the water and get it for him. The guy gets the duck and pulls out qand goes home about 2 minutes later.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:28 AM

Default RE: Ever had ducks stolen?

Never had that happen to me before. I have had a guy paddle by me to go further up the creek and he picked up my bird and gave it to me on the way by. I guess it just depends on the person. I would think most hunters would give the bird to you or just leave it alone and let you get it yourself. If the guy needed your bird that bad then I guess let him have it.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:44 AM

There is just no accounting for some peoples ignorance[][:@]
Old 10-31-2003, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

It takes all kinds of [&:] to make the world go around [:@]
Old 10-31-2003, 06:42 PM

never had that happen to me waterfowling but had a guy pick up 3 doves i downed, kept sending my dog out and he kept coming back acting confused...walked over and this guy says " oh were these your birds? I just saw em laying on the ground so picked em up" I had watched this guy shoot all afternoon, he downed 1 bird in 5 hours....guess he wanted at least a meal.

oh btw i just told him to keep the birds , if he wanted em that bad, i had plenty as it was
Old 10-31-2003, 10:17 PM

I HAVE HAD PEOPLE SNAG A COUPLE OF GEESE FROM ME.I HUNT PRIVATE LAND THAT IS NEXT TO A OUTFITTER THAT CHARGES 100 DOLLARS A GUN PER DAY.THEY SKY BUST AT EVERYTHING AND GET NOTHING SO ONCE AND AWHILE I SHOOT A GOOSE THAT LANDS NEAR THEM AND THEY WILL FIGHT YOU FOR IT.IT TAKES THE FUN OUT OF HUNTING IN SEVERANCE COLORADO.BRUCE' S BAR THAT RUNS THESE BLINDS ARE USALLY FULL OF A@#H$56.

Old 11-01-2003, 08:37 PM

I don' t know all the circumstances but is sounds like he may have been miffed that you were shooting ducks 60 yards from his blind.. ??? I had something similar while hunting at a gun club.. I shot a pheasant that made is a little way before crashing. Maybe 40 yards after I hit it. This other guys dog saw it fall and went and retreived it before my dog could get to it. This jerk shoved my cockbird into his bag and took off as fast as he could into the woods.. I knew who he was and everything!! When I confronted him later, he said it never happened and he didn' t take my bird. I guess his family must have been pretty hungry!!
Old 11-02-2003, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

i wasn' t hunting 60 yards away from him i was hunting 100-150 yards away.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:54 PM

Then the guy was a creep!! and a crook to boot!! Some people have no scruples at all.. Sounds like you met one!! [:@]
Old 11-02-2003, 08:28 PM

Hahaha, funny you should ask, because this morning my buddy and I had a sneaky fox take one of out mallards out near Fort Morgan. Ballsy little guy....

Quick Reply: Ever had ducks stolen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.