Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Special no bag limit goose season! >

Special no bag limit goose season!

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Special no bag limit goose season!

Old 01-05-2002, 01:20 PM

Default Special no bag limit goose season!

I don't know if everywhere does this, but this year here in Oklahoma starting on Feb 11th and going until March 31st, we are having a special season on geese. There is no bag limit and you can take the plug out of your gun so it can hold as many shells as you want. Anybody else having something like this? I think it's a mid continent thing. Matt
Old 01-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-05-2002, 02:39 PM

Default RE: Special no bag limit goose season!

yEaaa...we've done that for the last few years..they're usually gone around here by febuary though..sometimes march.

"ARISE, KILL, EAT"
Acts: 10:13
Old 01-05-2002, 08:45 PM

Is that on all geese including canadas, or is it just the snow goose season?

Cack'em and Stack'em
Old 01-05-2002, 08:45 PM

Is that on all geese including canadas, or is it just the snow goose season?

Cack'em and Stack'em
Old 01-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-05-2002, 11:25 PM

Yep. I just did some reading on this and it is for light geese only. Not Canadians. I read that these light geese are so plentiful that they are destroying their breeding ground up in Canada or something. Electronic calling, unplugged guns and no bag limits are allowed. Still have to use that %&(* steel shot though. The geese you are allowed to hunt are Snow, Ross, and Blue geese. I registered for the hunt online, but it is for Oklahoma only. Go to your state's wildlife department website and you can probably register there. Matt
Old 01-06-2002, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

It's called a Conservation Order. After all other waterfowl seasons are closed it takes effect. Here in Arkansas it starts around the first of February and goes to around the middle of March (time to start scouting for TURKEYS).

Yes, it is for light geese only. The anti's don't like it. Guess they'd rather the geese have a major die off from disease and their bodies go to waste. At least skillet shooting them someone at gets some good jerky meat.

Romans 8:28
Old 01-06-2002, 09:43 AM
Spike

I think this is the 3rd year for the special season here in Kansas...Last year we still had a few flocks in South east kansas in late March most of them went through durning late feb and early march though only reason i know that is because i saw a truck load while hunting crows...I hope to get out this year and manage to snag a few Snows/Blues for jerky...I would love to shoot a nice blue phase ross!!! If you ever shoot one of those get it mounted Waterfowl biologist believe there is only a couple dz in the whole population of Ross geese
Old 01-06-2002, 03:16 PM

Im going to Iowa I believe for a snow goose hunt this march, from what ive heard same rules no plugs/limits and electronic calling. Several guys went last year they say its just incredible, and all the farmers are more than happy to let you hunt theyre land.

Quick Reply: Special no bag limit goose season!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.