Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 duck hunting cache river area >

duck hunting cache river area

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

duck hunting cache river area

Old 10-17-2003, 11:41 PM

Default duck hunting cache river area

Hello all......just gearin up for quack season....I hunted on the cache river at the end of the season last year...it was awesome...does anyone know some good public areas in that area or where to go on the river ..... just need some info on where to start scouting at we went down river last year..... where the cache and the white are running pretty close to each other....this is some great duck country any advice would be appreciated.....have a great season........

REMEMBER ALWAYS SHOOT DRAKES FIRST!!!!!
Old 11-13-2003, 12:55 PM

Default RE: duck hunting cache river area

Hope you know someone to guide you on some field hunts (better bring your checkbook). I live in Clarendon (junction of White & Cache Rivers) and I cannot believe how low the water is right now. THERE IS NO WATER!!!!! White River gage at Clarendon is around 11 1/2 ft right now. The flood stage for the area is around 23 ft. Unless the Corps of Engrs drain Bull Shoals Lake or we have 40 days/40 nights of rain don' t count on hunting the river bottoms. Or I guess you could just string up some decoys in the middle of the river and " try to hunt" like all these city slicker foreigners from Tenn and Bama who' ve invaded and infested our area for 3 months out of the year.
Good Luck