HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Swan (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/386246-swan.html)

flags 10-22-2013 04:12 AM

Swan

I've managed to do something that is pretty difficult. I drew swan permits for both VA and NC this year!:party0005:

I've arranged for a guide in NC the last week of Jan. For VA I'll hunt on my own on a farm that sits right on the VA/NC state line. I'll be happy to fill one of the tags and I'll be ecstatic if I can manage to fill both.

Cheers

Cessna Flyer 10-23-2013 12:12 AM

Good luck,
Who you going with in NC?

flags 10-23-2013 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cessna Flyer (Post 4091396)
Good luck,
Who you going with in NC?

Booked with Willie Allen of Outback Outfitters. They came recommended by a guy I trust and I further looked into them. I'm pretty confident they will get me on birds since they have been 100% for the past 13 years.

SwampCollie 10-28-2013 06:04 AM

You hunting in Frank Williams fields down there by the dismal swamp?

I have killed right many in there myself. If you need/want a group to go, a good friend of mine takes guys on swan hunts down there. No charge, not a guide. He is a retired military man who just enjoys good company. Takes several people every year. Puts out a 1000+ bird spread. Nice thing about those fields is you can hunt 10 groups in there and not even hear each other shoot they are so big.

flags 10-28-2013 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by SwampCollie (Post 4092688)

Pretty sure it is the same place. Back Bay Farm? The farm boss is named Gene Godfrey. I'd be interested in hooking up with your buddy. I'm a Navy Chief and I have another friend in the Navy with a swan tag as well.

If it isn't asking too much, shoot me a PM with your buddy's email address. I'm in the Middle East right now and can't make a phone call but I'll be stateside in Jan.

:barmy:

Flags

SwampCollie 10-29-2013 10:29 AM

No problem flags... its in your inbox!

tourangeaud 11-01-2013 09:38 AM

I to have drawn a VA swan permit. Looking for assistance if available. So dearly want to fill this coveted tag.

Originally Posted by SwampCollie (Post 4092688)

I have killed right many in there myself. If you need/want a group to go, a good friend of mine takes guys on swan hunts down there. No charge, not a guide. He is a retired military man who just enjoys good company. Takes several people every year. Puts out a 1000+ bird spread. Nice thing about those fields is you can hunt 10 groups in there and not even hear each other shoot they are so big.

SwampCollie 11-02-2013 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by tourangeaud (Post 4094031)
I to have drawn a VA swan permit. Looking for assistance if available. So dearly want to fill this coveted tag.

His contact info is in your inbox bud! Good luck!

tourangeaud 11-07-2013 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by SwampCollie (Post 4094318)
His contact info is in your inbox bud! Good luck!

Thank you so very much. Gonna need all the help I can get, to fill this tag.

duckkillerclyde 11-16-2013 07:18 PM

I drew a NV swan tag and will not be able to get time off work to go.....

It's frustrating that some people are out of work yet I can't find a day off.