Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Oliver's accidental duck hunt--pictures from last season >

Oliver's accidental duck hunt--pictures from last season

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Oliver's accidental duck hunt--pictures from last season

Old 09-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Spike

Default Oliver's accidental duck hunt--pictures from last season

With teal season coming up soon, my boys have been talking about going again and we were looking at these pictures last night. You hear about quality time, but I’m a big believer in quantity time. Some of my best times both as a child and a parent occurred as pure luck. The more time you spend together, the more likely it will suddenly turn out great. This was one of those times.

For my little guys, action is the name of the game when it comes to the outdoors. Duck hunting is a fabulous way to break them into the hunting and with duck season around the corner, I hope you’ll take some little guys or gals out hunting with you–though it may not seem easy or even practical.

Some hunts lend themselves particularly well with bringing munchkins. A dove hunt is simple: make sure there is plenty of shade, hydration and their BB guns. Toss in some OFF, sun tan lotion, and long pants and you will be good to go. Even deer hunting, when done out of a spacious box blind shielded from the elements is a good way to hunt with kids.

But duck hunting takes a little more effort. Water, cold, nasty weather, mud–mother nature doesn’t pull any punches during duck season. Throw in waking up way before the posterior end of dawn, and its easy to see why many Dads just choose to let their kids sleep during Daffy Season.

I've linked over to my blog the story of a great hunt I had with my 6 year old when I probably could have left him behind and with good justification. Take a look if you care to http://wp.me/p3bCKM-6N

How old were you when you first went duck hunting? Do you have any tips for taking little guys or girls?
Old 09-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Spike

You cant beat those memories for sure! Im very grateful to my dad for taking me and being patient all those years.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:52 AM
Spike

Taking my little guys hunting is so much fun. More work and planning necessary, but worth the effort.