Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Good pump for water fowl

Old 08-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

I've been using my Mossberg 500 for 8 years now and had no problems but I feel that the 500 has had some recent quality issues too. Then they introduced the Maverick. Good starter gun but not for the long run. I just sold my Benelli nova, damn good quality gun and I never had a problem with it but I didn't like how long the stock was. I shoot a Remington mp-531 which Ive had for 5 years and have had no issues with it so it is my main shooter. point is, there are a lot of good guns out there. find one that you will be comfortable with that has a good quality review behind it. You can get the most expensive highspeed and popular gun out there but if it doesn't fit you then you will not like it.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Spike

Supernova is a great gun. I shot one quite a bit before I switched over to the SBE 2.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

The Benelli Novas are sweet. Use some Hevimetal shells
and you are ready for action
Old 09-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Spike

hiii
welcome to this site. This site will provide various types of good pumps details for water fowl.......................
classified website
Old 10-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Spike

Default Bps

[QUOTE= Shoot the heck out of the BPS and let clients use it if needed. Can't hurt it.[/QUOTE]

Amen. Especially on days when we limit (or miss a lot) I'm not sore like some of my buddies. Probably have put a thousand shells through mine in the last ten years with zero problems.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:57 AM
Spike

Maybe someone will come in handy will be helpful. Shooting at a moving target: http://huntset.com/page472.html

Last edited by Dmitriy; 03-08-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Spike

I used an 870 express for my first 2 ducks season without a hiccup. Then I switched to a Benelli Nova and love it. My Turkey gun is a Mossberg 835 and its been to hell and back and is as reliable as they come. Its a lot like buying a vehicle. Everyone has their personal preference, and even the most reliable companies throw a lemon out every now and again. Just find that you like!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Despite the fact that someone called ggtarvumq is spamming the board with some garbage about "christian louboutin", I'll post about pumps.

For a couple of decades I have been using Winchester Model 1300s. I use the plural because I got into a deal way back in time where I could get them new for $99 each. So I bought several. All of them had the WinChoke system and they have all performed flawlessly. I usually take 2 into the blind with me and if I shoot one dry I grab the other. Since they are all the same model I can switch easy. On some days I even put different chokes in them and can grab whichever one is best for the particular shot opportunity.

Nothing against Rem, Mos, Browning etc... but the Win has worked for me and I see no reason to change now.