Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Mojos

Old 11-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Spike

Default Mojos

What is everybodys opinion on mojo decoys do they help or hurt in your spread?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

For duck hunting, they can't be beat. When hunting on the water and the ducks are hot they will dive bomb the mojos. After they have been hunted for a while, the mojos aren't nearly as effective. I often take mine down after the sun comes all the way up.

When hunting in a field, we have used up to 8 mojos and a few full bodise and the results have been great. Go watch some footage on youtube.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOVE THEM!!!!! We have over a dozen of them and use them in various settings. They are all duck though!! We have tried the goose ones and they seemed to scare off both the ducks and geese.
We have mainly mallards and as Colorado said, we sometimes slow them down when it gets full light. All of ours are remote. We can turn them off and on at will. Makes a much more realistic setting seeing the wings off and on not on all the time. We realized this while we watched other spreads with the non-stop and what the ducks and geese done according to them and the time of the season. We now have the teal and widgeon to mix in. We use these sloely on the water. We use the mallards in the fields mainly. We use upto 8 in fields and let the ducks tell us what they want. Have had ducks hover above waiting for the mojo to land so they could land by them. They landed harder than they planned!!!!!!!