Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

duck shells

Old 08-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by junkmonkey17
well i want the black cloud cause there on sale at my pro shop this week
Those are good shells as long as your gun patterns them well. Take some time and pattern them with different chokes, not a full, and see how they perform. Then if you are able try some of your buddies shells at same time to see how they perform as well.
May find something you did not know out about shells and your gun.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi junk,
Since you asked about these two loads: Black Clould vs Blindside...

They both work, but during the last two seasons Blindside flew off the shelves in three areas I heard about (west-central SD, WA, MN).

Ask the sporting goods stores in your area which one they sold out quicker.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Spike

i got the close range so does that make a diference either
Old 08-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

I use a Benelli as well and would not shoot anything but HeviShot
shells. I really like the HeviMetal 2's and BB's............they will
flat smoke'em..........
Old 08-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Spike

Default Duck Shells

I been hunting ducks for 50 years and it all about putting the ducks over the decoys 30-35 yards,Im still shooting 3"11/4 #4 for the first season and 3"11/4 #2 for the late season with a IMP CYN choke and WINCHESTER SUPREME.When they took LEAD() away we shot any steel shot we could fine Win,Fed,Rem it did not make a dif they were all junk,but as time went by they all got better.For my $ I use (winchester supremes)they by for out perform IMO all the rest and Ive shot all brands and you can get them WET and hunt them the next time you go with no problem.Now you can get steel shotgun shells at rogerssportinggoods.com with FREE shipping to your door.Its all about putting the DUCKS in the decoys and killing them cleanly no matter what you shoot WW.FED.REM all make great shotgun shells and will kill ducks if ya killem in the decoys.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DRBugman85
I been hunting ducks for 50 years and it all about putting the ducks over the decoys 30-35 yards,Im still shooting 3"11/4 #4 for the first season and 3"11/4 #2 for the late season with a IMP CYN choke and WINCHESTER SUPREME.When they took LEAD() away we shot any steel shot we could fine Win,Fed,Rem it did not make a dif they were all junk,but as time went by they all got better.For my $ I use (winchester supremes)they by for out perform IMO all the rest and Ive shot all brands and you can get them WET and hunt them the next time you go with no problem.Now you can get steel shotgun shells at rogerssportinggoods.com with FREE shipping to your door.Its all about putting the DUCKS in the decoys and killing them cleanly no matter what you shoot WW.FED.REM all make great shotgun shells and will kill ducks if ya killem in the decoys.
By the way LEAD was BAD TO THE BONE.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Take a serious look at the new SpeedBall shells from HeviShot.
These are some awesome new shells. The velocity and patterns these shells offer are simply amazing.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Spike

Plain ole Hevishot #6 or #4s in 2 3/4 works fine for me. I bought a 870 supermag because the steel shot sucked. But since Hevishot came about the 3 1/2 just seems silly.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DRBugman85
By the way LEAD was BAD TO THE BONE.
Roger that!!!!! I vividly remember those days!!!! Nothing made green heads do the orange foot boogie better than an 1-1\2 of 5's or a honker slam dancen than a 3" 1-7/8ths of Copper BB's. Both stoked up with Blue Dot powder.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Spike

I to remember the good old days of LEAD,Mec 600 Jr, AA winschster hull loaded with 11/2 oz of #4 shot with blue dot powder was BAD TO THE BONE,It would WHACK & STACK the ducks at 45-50 yards DEAD.Thats why I shoot WW SUPREMES it gets the job done just not like lead did. BUGMAN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.