Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Duck Hunting Problems

Old 02-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Spike

Question Duck Hunting Problems

Hello HuntingNet Forum.

My name is Sam, and I am a high school student in an engineering class. My team of students and I are required to invent a solution to a problem. We are interested in duck hunting, and we want to solve a problem associated with duck hunting. If you could tell us any problems you have with duck hunting, or take our survey, it would really help.

TL;DR high school engineering students need a duck hunting problem to solve.

Survey Link: tinyurl.com/dhprobs

Last edited by Billcheese5; 02-03-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Spike

Guys,

Please take the survey. I am giving everyone the opportunity to complain about problems they have. Complain now and I can hopefully find solutions to some of these problems.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Not enough days

Really the only issue I have is Not enough hunting days and way to much time at work seriously tho, one of the biggest "engineering issues face by duck hunters is the density ratio of lead vs. steel shot vs. tungsten, also their effectiveness, and impact on the environment.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skiftcky
"engineering issues face by duck hunters is the density ratio of lead vs. steel shot vs. tungsten, also their effectiveness, and impact on the environment.
thats far from the truth steel works fine if your decoying birds... skybusting is another story
Old 08-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Alpine_Archer
thats far from the truth steel works fine if your decoying birds... skybusting is another story
I'm trying to give the kid something productive to do and this is what you come back with? seriously guy it's been a long standing debate amongst duck hunters and looking through this whole forum will show that. why not come up with an issue for him to solve of your own and help some one out instead of stating your "opinion".
Old 08-18-2012, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skiftcky
I'm trying to give the kid something productive to do and this is what you come back with? seriously guy it's been a long standing debate amongst duck hunters and looking through this whole forum will show that. why not come up with an issue for him to solve of your own and help some one out instead of stating your "opinion".
its not opinion it's fact steel will kill decoying ducks no problem. why don't you solve the problem of why all the idiots out there skybust and then blame it on there shells...
Old 08-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Alpine_Archer
its not opinion it's fact steel will kill decoying ducks no problem. why don't you solve the problem of why all the idiots out there skybust and then blame it on there shells...
Kind of wierd that you're in the blind with me knowing "how I hunt" and all. AndI don't even know your name.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

never said YOU were one of the idiots...? got a guilty conscience?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 PM
zia
Spike

how about difficulty identifying ducks on the wing or sometimes even after they are shot, maybe an ap for a smart phone kind of like the ones that id music, scan the duck, get an id, tally points if applicable, some kind of meter how close to a limit u are, photo record with text u can download into an album....etc etc
Old 08-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

For walk in hunters without boats, would like to see a retrieval devise for downed ducks in deep water other than a dog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.