Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Browning Cynergy - Waterfowl >

Browning Cynergy - Waterfowl

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Browning Cynergy - Waterfowl

Old 03-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Spike

I for one, don't mind the 2 shots, I've hunted and have taken many geese and crane this year with my target gun, a browning 525 sporting, last week, in the extended white geese season, where you can use an electronic call, we got a bonus, a coyote rushed our spread hoping fo a crip, the 2/34" BB goose load nailed him in the head at 48 long steps. My problem is the availability of waterfowl loads for 23/4", the 3"-3/12" loads are easier to come by.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

If you are going for an over/under, why not the Satin Hunter so that you have the 3 1/2 to choose from as well. I was just about to get an over/under for waterfowl as well, then I got reminded that you need the elbow room to break it open. I mostly hunt from an aluminum, so I was worried that I will keep smacking the barrel on the boat rail. If hunting while hiding in a really roomy blind, then a break action can be a bit classy. Think of where you hunt and run the scenario's through your mind about how comfortable/enjoyable the hunt would be.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

I changed my mind again, as I keep doing just about every week. I think I will stay with the Browning Citori Satin Hunter after all. I like the idea of quickly selecting which choke I want to shoot with first. Such as modified above then improved cylinder below in case I don't fully re-acquire on the second shot. Also really like the idea of changing from BB to #2 super quick if ducks sneaks up on me. With practice I am sure that I can insert 2 new rounds in time for extra shots, when I get lucky on a committed flock. Best of all, when I get home I would prefer to be plucking feathers rather than stripping down the gun for cleaning.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Spike

I agree, I do like the over/unders, to many choices I guess. The manufacturers have responded in producing alot of great guns, I think overall the different types and even the quality is much better than what it use to be, say 25-30 years ago, the ammo with the different materials and shot shapes combined with the powders and wads producing better, denser patterns at higher speeds are a bigger advantage. It would be nice to be able to try out 4 or 5 different guns before you buy, that's a luxury we don't have most of the time. Anyway, I have all summer to look around before hunt'in season opens up, you have to admit it is fun shopping for a new hunt'in buddy, all I know at this point is that it will be a 12ga!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I'm screwing around, why not the over and under. If I'm seriously hunting waterfowl and I want to be at my best, it will be a semi Benelli.

I've never seen a single waterfowl hunter show up to a competition hunt with an over under. Why? Because they would be at a severe disadvantage.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Spike

I didn't know they had competion hunts for waterfowl, I guess I've been screwing around to long in the Texas Panhandle, I guess the bass fisherman have theirs, big game hunting probably does too with whitetails. At these compition hunts, what shotgun manufacturer and model do you see the most? The Benilli's look good, but so do the new gas operated semi autos, the Remington Versa Max and the Beretta's, like the new A400 I think it's called.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
I've never seen a single waterfowl hunter show up to a competition hunt with an over under. Why? Because they would be at a severe disadvantage.
Do you base that entirely on the fact that you only get 2 shots, or something else?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Spike

I've been hunting with my Browning 525, when I shoot, I have 2 more rounds, in between my fingers, with the hand that is on the forearm, in a matter of 3 seconds or so, I have the new ammo loaded, making any follow up shots I might have/need, with practice you'd be suprised at how fast you can get 4 rounds off and make each one count, especially when the birds are responding to our spread, setting their wings, cupp'ed, coming in close. At pass shooting the auto would have the advantage. I don't think an overunder/sidebyside, is at as much of a disadvantage as you think.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Spike

I ended up buying a new in the box 1997 A5 Browning Mag, it is the *** version, has a 28inch barrell that uses the invector chokes and can be used with the steel shot. Anyway, it's cheaper than the new plastic waterfowl guns and I'm use to the old A5, can't break an old-good habit, I do not see that the new style guns have anything on the old proven A5 design and to anti up more money for them, I couldn't see it.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good call on the Auto 5. Been shooting mine for over 30 years and could not even think about getting rid of it. Did you get to shoot it yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.