Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
HeviMetal Packs A Mean Punch >

HeviMetal Packs A Mean Punch

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

HeviMetal Packs A Mean Punch

Old 11-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default HeviMetal Packs A Mean Punch

Wow Wow is all I can say about these HeviMetal shells.
Needless to say, they helped get Duck Seaon 2011 off
to a great start. It is amazing how clean the Kills are
with these shells. NO CRIPPLES at all on the last hunt.
Super super Shells.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

I have discovered that some times it is not the shell causing the cripples but the guy behind the shotgun. I have shot kent, remington, federal, fiochi, and winchester. They have all killed birds just fine so long as a did my part. I have experienced cripples with all of these shells and I have hammered a lot of birds with each of these shells. It all comes down to the shooter in my opinion. Now a shell that reaches out to 50 yds is nice but I rarely need the distance. So we shoot the cheap X-Pert steel 3" 2 shot, it is only $12 a box and knocks em down just as good in my opinion as the kent or fiochi shells. But to each his own I guess.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

After patterning many shells through my Mossberg 500 I've found the winchester 3" #3's pattern the best in my gun. Don't buy into all the hype. Make sure your shooting a shell that patterns well in your gun, simple as that.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

While there's only one degree of dead, the hevi stuff packs a punch. A miss with hevi-shot is the same as a miss with steel, but the hits are a different story.

I first drank the hevi-shot kool-aid on a turkey hunt a while back and pounded some big hokers in Sask. with it. You hit them, they hit the ground.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took a case of Hevi metal 3 inch BB to South Dakota last year for snow geese. Incredible stuff!!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JoeA View Post
While there's only one degree of dead, the hevi stuff packs a punch. A miss with hevi-shot is the same as a miss with steel, but the hits are a different story.

I first drank the hevi-shot kool-aid on a turkey hunt a while back and pounded some big hokers in Sask. with it. You hit them, they hit the ground.
I feel exactly the same. These HeviShot shells just hit
HARD. We have noticed so many LESS cripples using
both the HeviShot Duck and HeviMetal shells. I simply
don't know anything that is close.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Fork Horn

I used to hate Winchester Xpert swore up and down the shells couldn't bring down a tweety bird. Found out I was just shooting a hair behind the birds, a couple sessions at the sporting clays range fixed that issue. No doubt the hevi metal shot is some good stuff and carries the energy.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot Hevi-Shot since it first come out. I still have 5-8 boxes of the original Hevi-shot in the clear white hull where you can see the loadings inside before Remington started making it for them.

I shoot it exclusively for Turkeys and 98% of the time for Waterfowl in the Hevi-Metal loadings. I just use steel as my first shot and back it up with HM in both my 12 and 20 gauges. Great stuff!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

The Hevishot shells are just lethal on ducks and geese.
I have never seen a shell that HITS HARDER.....