Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows? >

What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Old 09-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Somting I would really really like to see more of is Big open water hunting for diver' s I don' t think I' ve ever seen a hunting program that does this. I have to agree also using more public land where the averge Joe Duck hunter can go would be great to. Granted guided hunts make for better sucess that' s not how it is in the real world. NO game farm baited hunts that' s just cheating. If the people making the shows use a outfitter make sure that the outfitter' s rates are within reason for the averge hunter. I was looking at some of these guides down in Stutgart AK. the cheapest I found was $450 for one morning of hunting. That' s a expensive 6, or what ever the limit is, ducks and not everyone can go down there or has that kind of money. But yeah deffinately more diver hunting.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:28 AM

Default RE: What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

How about a series that follows two guys as they travel The Dakotas, Montana, maybe Minnesota, capturing all aspects of public land hunting without a guide. Calling Wildlife departments, studying maps, scouting, and a ton of driving, all leading up to the actual hunt. Also in depth seminars on decoy placement, calling tips and training, dogwork, and shotgun patterning, would also be interesting. There are alot of small fundamental questions that beginners post on this website, and websites like it, every day. It would be nice if there was a TV show that covered all of those questions. Just my thought.