Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

goose pit blinds

Old 08-10-2003, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default goose pit blinds

does anyone know a site that i can look at goose pit blinds? I got a pit i just need some ideas of how to cap it off and dress it up.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: goose pit blinds

I don' t know of any sites. I assume you' re gong to be in a field?
I' ve hunted out of a lot of pit blinds in grain fields. What we' ve always done is spread black earth over the clay or sand or whatever it is you did up so it looks like regular topsoil then scatter straw or stubble over that so it closely resemble the rest of the field. If you pit opening is rather wide you might want to lay some plywood or somehting down over top of half of it to make the opening smaller and then cover that with earth and straw.
Some people get really elaborate with lids that swing open but I don' t think you really need it. Just make sure your opening is just big enough for you to stand op through and all you dirt and clay is covered.

Good luck!