Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Duck Calling Advice

Old 08-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Far more important than what type of call you are using (or how good/bad you might be); get set-up where the ducks want to be !

BTW - If you're good, call more & louder, if you're bad, call less & softer (LOL).
Old 08-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Far more important than what type of call you are using (or how good/bad you might be); get set-up where the ducks want to be !

BTW - If you're good, call more & louder, if you're bad, call less & softer (LOL).
That's good advice right there. Real good advice.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know what BG cd yall got.. But, the one I had from BG said to only call at wingtips and tailfeathers, meaning when the ducks were either flying by or checking out, and NOT TO CALL if they were coming in or circling.. He also made special remarks that Comp calling is NO WHERE near what hunting calling should be.. He said, simple clucks and a quack is all you need.. No feed calling..
Old 08-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cjwink
He also made special remarks that Comp calling is NO WHERE near what hunting calling should be.. He said, simple clucks and a quack is all you need.. No feed calling..

CJ You're 100% right, I heard that comp calling thing from a zink calls rep. It's all stuff that most experienced duck hunters know.

Lucky, I never intended to turn this into a shouting match and I do Apologize if I offended you but I do think you read my post wrong... I never berated BG or his calling system. Not every one uses the same technique and it took me well over 3 years of practicing, even when I was in Iraq and pissin off my buddies, to finally be comfortable enough to call in the blind. I know that nothing beats a real duck sound and thats just what I tried to pass on... that Audubon website has actual duck sounds not call sounds that I used to try and better how I sounded to other ducks. I just figured I would pass on what helped me become a better caller, not to disregard BG or his teachings. Like I said in my original post, I learned the basics from my BG 2 pack +CD that my wife nearly killed me over cause it stayed in my CD player in the truck for months.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skiftcky
CJ You're 100% right, I heard that comp calling thing from a zink calls rep. It's all stuff that most experienced duck hunters know.

Lucky, I never intended to turn this into a shouting match and I do Apologize if I offended you but I do think you read my post wrong... I never berated BG or his calling system. Not every one uses the same technique and it took me well over 3 years of practicing, even when I was in Iraq and pissin off my buddies, to finally be comfortable enough to call in the blind. I know that nothing beats a real duck sound and thats just what I tried to pass on... that Audubon website has actual duck sounds not call sounds that I used to try and better how I sounded to other ducks. I just figured I would pass on what helped me become a better caller, not to disregard BG or his teachings. Like I said in my original post, I learned the basics from my BG 2 pack +CD that my wife nearly killed me over cause it stayed in my CD player in the truck for months.
No need to apologize, it's the internet. All I need the internet to do is, entertain me for 17 more days until bow season starts.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Spike

Almost every duck shooter is having duck calls, but not possible for all shooters to blow it properly. On these rare occasions I bring my duck call. ... one friend offer me advise on how to use it and even used it themselves to make legitimate

watch movies online for free