Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Goose Calls

Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default Goose Calls

In the market for a couple new goose calls (short reed) right now i'm blowing a 15$ kight and hale Magnum Clucker thats like 9 years old. looking into either a foiles meat grinder or a carnage collector. any that you'd recommend?
Old 06-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Foiles Straight Meat honker is one of my favorite calls. That being said, it doesn't matter which goose call you have. When you learn to blow a short reed, they are really a lot alike.

With duck calls, going cheap is okay. With goose hunting a quality short reed is the way to go. However, your success will be measured more by your ability to call, than which call you have. Even the field you are in, will mean more than the calls around your neck.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

you sir are a smart man. the call a currently have isnt bad in the early season but as soon as it hits that 30 degree mark it sticks like crazy.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Spike

i will sell you a foils market hunter its acrylic dark green. let me know if your interested
Old 11-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Spike

I like Tim Grounds calls, great sound & can hit all the notes.