Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Anyone shooting the new Hevi-Metal? >

Anyone shooting the new Hevi-Metal?

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Anyone shooting the new Hevi-Metal?

Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone shooting the new Hevi-Metal?

I have been shooting the new Hevi-Metal shot this past WF season and really got a look at what it can do 2 days ago. Was goose hunting with a buddy and got caught out moving dekes when we had 3 geese come in. He took one as I lined up one on my side and I dumped mine.
His gun jamned and I lined up on the third goose leaving out with the wind in his can. I pulled under him and sent the 3-1/2" load of BB's. He was about 10 yds off the deck when I hit him and he dropped like a rock!!!!
My buddy's jaw just dropped and he walked over to the goose and it was DRT!!! He picked it up and walked to me and ended with 81 steps!!!!! It was a cackler and when I breasted it out later that night it had 3 complete pass throughs of the breast meat and bone.
Not too bad for 80 yds and going away to boot!!!!!!! I think I am going to finish up what other steel I have and go to nothing but Hevi-Metal and have less fly-aways.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't tried it yet. Cost is a downside but the plus is 20% higher pellet counts. Denser patterns are a guy's friend, particularly for the long shots.

On the other hand, the cheap shells still bring the smack down and it's about running a good pattern and knowing your leads.....ask these pass-shooting victims from today.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

shot them last year. i like them. this year been shooting the hypersonic, they are good too. i would like to see the hevi metal at 1700fps. that would be perfect. probably to high pressure
Old 01-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

I shoot them all the time love them too
Old 03-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tmaggi2012 View Post
in the 80's and early 90's there was a huge outcry against metal that went all through the court systems - people tried to get it banned. It was a really big deal and a huge turning point in the history of american music. Those "explicit content" labels? A result of the metal controversy...

People were blaming metal for suicides, murders, robberies, muggings, etc., just like they do with rap. Nevermind that maybe it's not the music that's making people do it... It's just the music is following the current social trends *cringe*.

Even still people refer to metal as "devil music." marilyn manson got blamed for everything bad that happened with the youth of america from 1997-2001.

The reason you hear more negative press about rap is simply because it's more popular.
==============
4life transfer factor
carnival in rio
wtf?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Last edited by SecondChance; 03-12-2011 at 05:54 PM.