Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

help me please

Old 07-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default help me please

goin duck hunting this year and it will be my first time what all do i need to know im goin with my friend and he goes all the time
Old 07-22-2003, 10:31 PM

Default RE: help me please

Well, legally you are gonna need a federal and a state stamp, a plugged shotgun, and some steel shot. Find out from him what kind of hunting you will be doing, so you will know if you will need chest waders or maybe just hip waders. Find out possible weather scenarios to plan for to stay comfortable. If you are not comfortable with a duck call, don' t plan on using one on this trip (or you probly won' t be going back) Some kind of shell vest/game bag will come in handy. And my number one pet peeve........BRING YOUR OWN THERMOS!!
Old 07-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Fork Horn

do i have to have a license im only 14 and i have a mossberg 500 12g ihunt deer squirl turkey pig and dove ll the time and id scare them all away if i used a call
Old 07-23-2003, 10:18 AM

Sosowingshooter, great advice especially the thermos! LOL

If I were you, I' d talk to your friend and follow his lead. If he goes all the time I' m sure he has the necessary equipment to set y' all up. He should also be able to tell you what you need to outfit yourself.

There are lots of good books out there that will give you all the info you' d ever need. You might also take a look at the ducks unlimited website. They post tips for first timers.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction!!!!