Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Benelli SBE II vs. Beretta Xtrema >

Benelli SBE II vs. Beretta Xtrema

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Benelli SBE II vs. Beretta Xtrema

Old 12-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Spike

I shoot a beretta xtrema 2 and love it. great guns. never really had any problems with it. but the benelli's are great guns too. i would love to own one myself. thats a hard hard choice. good luck
Old 12-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Spike

Well i suggest one of two things eeny meeny miny mo or a quarter
Old 12-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot just about everything made today in the high end semi-auto catagory save the browning Maxus and I just ordered one for my fiancee for a christmas gift (fit her the best and if she doesn't want it I'll take it!) Course what girl is going to snub her nose at a $900 gift... certainly not mine!

I digress.... you are really not going to lose here... the only issue I have with the vinci is the location of the safety.... not only is it in front of the trigger.... its WAY in front of the trigger and I can't hardly reach it with my short cajun fingers. If you like the way the vinci handles... pick up an M2.... for some odd reason they swing as similar as any two out there. I shoot a black 2 as good as I do an M2.... but I don't like it quite as much for some reason... perhaps its because it doesn't quite point as naturally for me.

All this said.... I do most of my duck killing with an 870 wingmaster mag thats older than I am.... something to be said about shooting the same gun for nearly two decades of waterfowl hunting.

Best

Andy
Old 12-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Spike

Well once it was all said and done I ended up going with the SBE II. Not sure if I will ever shoot 3.5's but I can if the need arises. I really liked the Vinci as well but after watching the salesman beat one up pretty bad taking it apart and putting it back together three times (which took him over an half hour each). I wonder if there wasn't something messed up with this particular gun because it did seem extreme. The other gun in the running was the Beretta Extrema 2 but after spending some time shouldering both guns the SBE II just pointed better for me and the Beretta was just a little too "bulky" feeling for me.
THanks for all of the replies and advice,
Tuck
Old 12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Spike

You made a good choice! I felt the same way about the Xtrema2 and I didn't like the feeling of the kick off. There might have been something wrong with that Vinci or most likely there was something wrong with the salesmen just not knowing how to break it down, ask anyone who owns one how easy it is.

You will love the SBE!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DrHouse
You made a good choice! I felt the same way about the Xtrema2 and I didn't like the feeling of the kick off. There might have been something wrong with that Vinci or most likely there was something wrong with the salesmen just not knowing how to break it down, ask anyone who owns one how easy it is.

You will love the SBE!
My guess is that there was something wrong with that particular Vinci. As I said I loved the way it felt and who know's...I might pick one up sometime in the future.
TUck
Old 12-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tuck,

Good luck & enjoy your new autoloader.

Shoot some heavy loads (I used/patterned turkey loads) to break-in your SBE II, so it can cycle the lightest loads well.

See this advice in manual.........................

All the best !
Old 12-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ksigtuck
Well once it was all said and done I ended up going with the SBE II. Not sure if I will ever shoot 3.5's but I can if the need arises. I really liked the Vinci as well but after watching the salesman beat one up pretty bad taking it apart and putting it back together three times (which took him over an half hour each). I wonder if there wasn't something messed up with this particular gun because it did seem extreme. The other gun in the running was the Beretta Extrema 2 but after spending some time shouldering both guns the SBE II just pointed better for me and the Beretta was just a little too "bulky" feeling for me.
THanks for all of the replies and advice,
Tuck
Good choice!!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

I STAND 5" 9"", wear an large to extra large shirt and am barrel chested. With my arms, I have a difficulty in shooting any Benelli. I have to stretch my left arm to place it properly and it effects my shooting with the Benelli receiver being longer (1 1/2 to 2 inches) than a beretta or remington. Having had two 12 gauges and one 20 gauge Benelli, I have quit trying. Incidentally, Neither shirt has a collar I can button. As much as I like the benelli, it just does not fit me.