Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Winchester Super x2 question >

Winchester Super x2 question

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Winchester Super x2 question

Old 11-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Spike

Well after doing some more research on the x2 the Winchester site shows that this shotgun was last in their catalog in 2005. To be honest I am quite irritated with the gun shop that I was trying to deal with as they told me that it was last years model. I should have done some more research on the gun before going to the shop so I could have called them on their lies about the age of the gun but that is how it goes. Although the gun is still "new" I don't think it should still be bringing the same money that they had it on the shelf for 5 years ago. So...I am needing some other suggestions for shotguns to look at in the $800-900 price range.
THanks guys,
Tuck
Old 12-01-2010, 01:37 AM
jw3
Spike

Do not get that sx2. When you can find the sx3 for around 700 to 1200..and why get anything in 3 1/2 inch people have been killing anything for years and years with 3 inch
Old 12-01-2010, 03:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ksigtuck
Well after doing some more research on the x2 the Winchester site shows that this shotgun was last in their catalog in 2005. To be honest I am quite irritated with the gun shop that I was trying to deal with as they told me that it was last years model. I should have done some more research on the gun before going to the shop so I could have called them on their lies about the age of the gun but that is how it goes. Although the gun is still "new" I don't think it should still be bringing the same money that they had it on the shelf for 5 years ago. So...I am needing some other suggestions for shotguns to look at in the $800-900 price range.
THanks guys,
Tuck
though i dont have one i heard that the sx3 is a great gun. if you look around you be able to find an sx3 for 8-900. you just have to look around. also dont expect camo either.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Typical Buck

I have an SX3 and share the sentiment about how it performs when a bit dirty. I clean my gun after every hunt and it will still jam at least twice a day. This same experience happened to a buddy of mine with his SX3. I have two other friends with the same gun as well (we actually bought four together to get the best deal) and they have never had any problems.

If you're stuck in that price range, I'd try to save a bit of money and go with a 11-87.

If you can scrounge a bit more together, I'd get an SBE II and you will never have to buy another semi-auto again.

My .02
Old 12-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mustad
I have an SX3 and share the sentiment about how it performs when a bit dirty. I clean my gun after every hunt and it will still jam at least twice a day. This same experience happened to a buddy of mine with his SX3. I have two other friends with the same gun as well (we actually bought four together to get the best deal) and they have never had any problems.

If you're stuck in that price range, I'd try to save a bit of money and go with a 11-87.

If you can scrounge a bit more together, I'd get an SBE II and you will never have to buy another semi-auto again.

My .02
That's good advice right there. I know of 3 guys (in my club)that all had the SX2, and we all had the same problems. We were goose hunting when my plunger jammed tight as a drum. I would have been done for the day but one of the guys I was hunting with had already experienced the same exact malfunction. He was able to tear mine down in the field and get the plunger free. After several more hunts with the same guys and watching each of our Winchester SX2's fail over and over we all got rid of them and went to Benelli's or Beretta's. If your hunting in a dirt pit, you will not be happy with a SX2. If you love taking guns apart and figuring out what is wrong with them and cleaning them all the time, I highly recommend the SX2.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 12-01-2010 at 04:42 AM.