Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Winchester Super x2 question >

Winchester Super x2 question

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Winchester Super x2 question

Old 11-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Spike

Default Winchester Super x2 question

Hello,
I am looking to get a new shotgun for duck and turkey hunting. I was at the gun store the other day and handled a Winchester Super x2 that felt really good in my hands. I am not very experienced with shotguns and wanted to hear some feedback from some of you that either own or have shot this gun. Any problems I need to be aware of? Would this be a good shotgun to double as a duck/turkey gun? Are there any others that you would recommend over this shotgun...price range >$900.
THanks,
Tuck
Old 11-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Spike

I've got an X3 and love it. A buddy has the black synthetic X2 and he uses it for turkey, pheasant, waterfowl, and trap - loves it & never had a problem with it. My X3 (just a newer version of the X2, with a slimmer stock) is one gun that I will never sell or trade - never had a problem with any load at all, in fact, it cycles lower brass rounds than it is spec'd at. Don't know much about the newer guns they have out now, big thing is shoulder as many as you can & make the choice based on what feels/fits the best in relation to what you can afford!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Spike

Thank you Buckmaster...I went back to the shop again tonight and shouldered it again and it sure feels right in my hand. The price tag on it was $889 and the owner said he would sell it for $850. I offered $800 cash but he was stuck at $850. I am not really sure what this gun is worth and with it being a left over from last year or the year before that they did not sell I am sure he could come down a little more on it to send it out the door. I am going to have to think somemore on it and research it to see what is a good price on it. If anyone here knows what it should be worth please let me know. I would like to be able to pull the trigger on an x3 but just don't see myself coming up with another $400 very soon
Thanks again,
Tuck
Old 11-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would rather get beat up than own another Super X II. If you buy the Super X II the biggest thing is keeping it spotless. As long as it's spotless it should be fine. If it gets the least bit dirty it will jam for sure. If you start having problems you need to check the plunger in the back. They are nortorious for getting a little dirty and then jamming. I would try and get a used Benelli or a Beretta and you will be much happier. Benelli first and Beretta second.

The Benelli is inertia powered and not gas powered and therefore much easier to clean. It is also less likely to jam if a little dirty.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ksigtuck
Thank you Buckmaster...I went back to the shop again tonight and shouldered it again and it sure feels right in my hand. The price tag on it was $889 and the owner said he would sell it for $850. I offered $800 cash but he was stuck at $850. I am not really sure what this gun is worth and with it being a left over from last year or the year before that they did not sell I am sure he could come down a little more on it to send it out the door. I am going to have to think somemore on it and research it to see what is a good price on it. If anyone here knows what it should be worth please let me know. I would like to be able to pull the trigger on an x3 but just don't see myself coming up with another $400 very soon
Thanks again,
Tuck
the sx3 are going for $900 so at $800 its still a little high
Old 11-30-2010, 04:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
the sx3 are going for $900 so at $800 its still a little high
Where are you finding the sx3 for $900? The best price I have found around here on a sx3 in camo is around $1200.
TUck
Old 11-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Just wait till you get a little dirt in the bbl. recesses for the bolt lugs. Try and clean that easily. Q-tips work fairly well.
Had a friend who being safety conscious, laid his down with the bolt open in a field while hunting sand craines, a real no no.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Teddee5
Just wait till you get a little dirt in the bbl. recesses for the bolt lugs. Try and clean that easily. Q-tips work fairly well.
Had a friend who being safety conscious, laid his down with the bolt open in a field while hunting sand craines, a real no no.
Teddee...is there another semiauto that you would recommend over the SX2 in the $800-900 price range? I am open to any and all suggestions as I am pretty new to using shotguns.
Thanks,
Tuck
Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 AM
jw3
Spike

I got the sx3 in 2 3/4 and 3" for only $900 national wild turkey federation keep looking
Old 11-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Spike

I'm not very good about cleaning my SX3 at all and I've never had it jam or fail (cleaned it maybe twice since I've had it). No matter what shotgun you choose, someone will have a negative comment about it. There are many good brands out there today - to me, the biggest thing is how it fits you and if you can afford it! I tend to like the gas operated guns better because they don't seem to kick quite as bad as the inertia/recoil operated guns, but that's just me. There are a lot of good guns out there, I'm not sure you could make a BAD choice - good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.