Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Input on Laydown Blinds

Old 10-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Input on Laydown Blinds

Starting to get into goose hunting in corn and soybean fields. Any input on laydown blinds. I hear good things about Avery Finisher Blinds.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

I have one that I used for the first time last year. Unfortunately, can not remember the name off the top of my head. My suggestion would be to actually get inside one before buying it. Not sure how cabelas or bass pro shops would feel about that but I say why not haha. The reason being - when I was hunting out of mine last year I ran into issues numerous times with visibility. Since I do a lot of calling I like/need to be able to see around a little bit. It is all personal preference but I would say try one out before forking over the cash. Good luck!

P.S. have also heard good things about their blinds
Old 10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 4. All Avery Finisher's. Love them!!!! We wear them out everyyear and I have had them for 6 years now and other than a few minor mods, they are like the day I unpacked them. Would/could not even think about field hunting with out them. They have been from Canada to Texas and everywhere inbetween and they just keep going. You can't go wrong with one, no matter who makes it!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Avery M2 is the way to go!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Spike

Rogers XL Very cheap and great quality.