HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Looking for New Gun-Input? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/329785-looking-new-gun-input.html)

lacole725 09-14-2010 05:11 PM

Looking for New Gun-Input?

Looking into getting a new gun. Currently shooting a Mossberg 500A, love the gun. Just want something more up to date though. Main candidate is the Benelli SBE II. Also looking at the Winchester Super X3 and maybe the Benelli Vinci. Any other guns I should consider and any information (good or bad) about my current choices? I will primarily use the gun for goose hunting. I don't duck hunt, we just don't get them at our farm. I will also go deer hunting a few times and I might go rabbit hunting/upland game hunting with my girlfriend's dad, but that is a maybe. If I do get the SBE II, would it be worth it getting that 24" deer barrel? And would it also be worth it to buy the extra chokes? I think they have ones for turkey (which I also might do), pass, and decoy chokes. Thanks for the help.

BIGBUCK17 09-14-2010 10:41 PM

Get the benelli m2. I have one and its the sweetest shooting gun i ever shot. only difference in it and the sbe2 is it dont hold 3 1/2 which you really dont need 3 1/2 and also its not as easy to take down to clean as the sbe2 but it is still easy. oh yea and also it cost about $700-800 less than a sbe2. I use mine for shooting clays, rabbits, squirrels, doves, and my favorite ducks!!! Basically it is my gun for everything. You will be very pleased with this gun if you decide to go with it!!!!! hope this helps!!!

psandhu 09-15-2010 05:54 AM

I wouldn't buy the deer barrel.

My SBE II has 4 small threaded holes on the sight plane of the receiver to install a scope. Just get a choke tube for slugs and get a scope/rings and your set.

Definitely get a 3.5" gun, since you shoot geese. The SBE II sells for around $1050 at Cabelas when there is a sale.

cwsims84 09-15-2010 11:38 AM

browning Silver, mossy oak duck blind camo... I have it and love it

lacole725 09-15-2010 06:25 PM

Have any of y'all heard of or seen anything about the Benelli Vinci? It looks really nice, but I think it is really new. My hunting crew mainly uses Winchesters and Remingtons, I have the only Berg, and I think one or two of my cousins have the Super Nova or whatever it is so I don't really get that kind of exposure to the newest Benelli guns.

NCZ09 09-15-2010 07:13 PM

I have an SBII and love it. I use it for about everything, but I use it most for waterfowl hunting. I have handled the new Vinici and it felt very nice, but I have not shot one. The only problem with the Vinici that I can see is that it hasn't been around very long and as proven as some of the other guns. It also only shoots 3in, which isn't really that big of a concern. Like others have said look at the M2 and Winchester SX3 or the older SX2. I've seen SX2 3" for $649 and the 3.5 for 750. Here's a couple others that deserve a look. Beretta Xtrema2, AL391 Urika 3", and A400 Xplor (Beretta's New 3.5"). Browning Maxus, Gold and Silver. Last but not least take look at the good Ol' Remington 11-87 Super Mag. There's more but this should keep you busy for awhile. Obviously prices will vary, but check them out see which ones feel the best and have the features you want. Happy shopping:happy0001:

lacole725 09-16-2010 04:17 AM

I think I'm gonna head up to cabelas in PA and look. The hunting stores around here have very limited selections.

psandhu 09-16-2010 06:21 AM

Cabela's lists their gun prices online. Also, it's not too difficult to find a coupon for $20 or $50 dollars off a $150 or $500 purchase.

lacole725 09-16-2010 10:21 AM

Does anybody know of any dealers that sell guns really cheap?

JoeA 09-16-2010 03:21 PM

Check out gunsamerica I found my SBE II there. Shotgun News is another good on-line source.