Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Where can I get some Lowe jon boat paint? >

Where can I get some Lowe jon boat paint?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Where can I get some Lowe jon boat paint?

Old 06-29-2010, 01:22 AM
Spike

Default Where can I get some Lowe jon boat paint?

I am looking for some spray paint that matches the original color of my Lowe jon boat. I have contacted the company but they will not send me any.
I have found paint that is close but does not match perfectly and you know how that looks.
I really do not want to paint the entire boat but I may have to if nobody can help me find some paint.
=============
office chair | office chairs
Old 06-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe try Lowe's (the Home Depot kind of store)
Old 06-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe if you take a chip, or sliver off the boat some paint companies can do a Micro Match for you, call around.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

If your talking the hunter green color it's parker paint, don't know if they have it in spry cans but you can get a pint or gallon and use auto sprayer using air compressor.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:16 AM
Spike

I would use a nano technology product, as opposed to a traditional sealant or wax. The small particles in the nano products penetrate the surface and bond with it. These products tend to work better and last longer.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Unless your trying to match for selling the boat, I would not bother. Better paint colors are out there for a duck boat. Like said, Loews or any paint store can sell you paint. Camo it with different colors.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:08 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by crimedog
If your talking the hunter green color it's parker paint, don't know if they have it in spry cans but you can get a pint or gallon and use auto sprayer using air compressor.
Ditto that as this is what I did. A quart would have been more than enough for the 14' but I bought a gallon. I was surprised on how little I needed using a simple Husky auto sprayer.

Coverage was great and the boat is awesome.....

I don't bother trying to camo color the boat just make it a drab dull color as a simple tarp and maybe a few reeds is all you need to hide it.

JW