Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Great call maker has passed away >

Great call maker has passed away

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Great call maker has passed away

Old 05-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Great call maker has passed away

Not sure how many are familiar with Hess duck and goose calls or his ability to call but he has made some very famous calls for years.

I recieved news that he passed away today.He had surgery to replace a knee and developed a staff infection which we thought was getting better but he took a turn for the worse and passed away today.

I would see him about everyday at work becuase he would come to the machine shop I work at and use our lathes to turn his calls.I will say that we lost a good man today.

I do not know the future of his calls at this time.
http://www.customcalls.com/callmaker.../hess/hess.htm

So please keep his family in mind when saying your prayers.

Last edited by TFOX; 05-08-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tim Grounds learned from Charlie I believe. He will be missed for certain
Old 06-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Spike

I didn't want to live in the Ackermansion, but I wanted to be in a lair of my own construction, surrounded by the sort of things I loved and I wanted to express that passion with the equal level of unabashed love that Forry did. I'm very different from Ackerman, and so not worthy, he is and always will be one of my fondest inspirations. That final conversation I had with Forry is a warm and sad memory that I will carry with me for the rest of my days.
==============
dropship wholesaler
Swiss Rolex Replica watches