HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Higher Limits on Canada Geese! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/316070-higher-limits-canada-geese.html)

gooseguy68 01-28-2010 07:51 AM

Higher Limits on Canada Geese!

I am from Oklahoma and we have a pretty fair resident population of canada geese, each year we get more and more migrators. the northern half of our state has several large resivors that provide great habitat and agriculture is extremely high. I would like to see our daily bag limit go up to 4 birds per day! What are daily limits in surrounding states? Do you support higher limits?

justashooter 01-28-2010 02:11 PM

It's my understanding that waterfowl limits are regulated entirely by the federal gov't.......please correct me if that's wrong.
But either way,, I too think that the limits could be increased and most of us wouldn't even notice the difference.

You might think the airline companies, after the "Miracle on the Hudson" near disaster, would be chewing on the ears of our elected officials for higher limits and maybe they are, we just haven't heard anything as yet. It's only been a little over a year ago since that plane hit those geese.
And our grain farmers all over this country, I believe most of them would like to see higher limits. Ask the golf course owner or the city parks board, I'd bet they wouldn't mind more geese being eliminated either.

But don't let the hunters stand up and be heard !!! You know where that's gonna take us...........P eople E ating T asty A nimals

Let's hope the earlier mentioned groups of folks petition their/our elected officials and maybe we'll see more shooting one day.

My RANT is done........LOL

shottyhunter24 01-29-2010 11:41 AM

i know this isint a surrounding state but im from MN and my limit is 5 and alot of out population is in the cities

Bandhunter 01-29-2010 12:00 PM

Goose limit

The daily limit on dark geese is 2/day in Kentucky. The limits are set by the federal guys and I don't understand why certain states get higher limits than others. Same way with ducks.

mossyoak1 01-29-2010 05:46 PM

In my section of NC we're at 15 a day in early season and 8 a day after that.

NCZ09 01-29-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by shottyhunter24 (Post 3565908)
i know this isint a surrounding state but im from MN and my limit is 5 and alot of out population is in the cities

Thats the early season (Sept.) and the late season (Dec.). October thru November we can only shoot 2 per day and have four in possesion. Unless the metro area is different, but the rest of the state is 2 geese during the regular season. The states around us seem to be three I think that would be okay here.