Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
How's Everyones Waterfowl Season Going? >

How's Everyones Waterfowl Season Going?

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

How's Everyones Waterfowl Season Going?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default How's Everyones Waterfowl Season Going?

Just tell me how your seasons going. Better? Worse? Average?
I'll start off by saying mine has been probably the worst I've seen yet. The places that you could count on pulling 500 ducks out of a year can't even reach 200. It's been freezing up a lot lately also and theres no ducks around.
So just give me an explanation on how your seasons goin
Old 12-29-2009, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first part of the season was killer for me. The lake and rivers are up by atleast four foot, so the ducks are everywhere. I was doin pretty good all season... shot alot ducks with more variety than last year. But for the past week I haven't gone for one reason or another or we've gotten skunked.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

the late season here in Pa has been slow for me. The ponds are freezing up so I expect to see more ducks on the susquehanna river. I floated a creek yesterday with my kayak and saw one duck a woody drake that I managed to bag. It was the latest in the year woody I have shot. Took him to the taxidermist to be mounted. We are going to the eastern shore in mid Jan, hopefully the ducks start coming in more numbers soon around where I live to give me some good days until we leave for Maryland.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Horrible

This has been the worst season I can remember. There are no real numbers of ducks in either West or Middle Tennessee right now. There are a few people doing some killing in some spots, but overall is very slow. I'm at the point that I may resume deer hunting...

Anyway, this season has been an extreme dissapointment, but I'm gonna keep at it. The ducks will show up at some point and I'll be there when they do. Just trying to stay positive.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Spike

Not too good in eastern SC. There's just too much water around, so the ducks have an almost unlimited number of options. This spreads them so thin that you won't get a decent number on any one day. If it wasn't for getting invited to hunt a buddy's pond full of ringnecks, I don't know what I'd do.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Spike

we killed a lot of ducks in early season this year. but mainly on the river. geese have been pretty slim pickins though. definitely slower than last year.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

my season was pretty good in the one pond i hunted there was countless of woodies and a couple mallards that were out of range
Old 12-30-2009, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

We had a tough season up here. Opening was good, but the it took a long time to start seeing birds come down from Canada. It didn't get going until the last week of the season.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

This season is much slower than last, in my spot in Louisiana and where I hunt in Arkansas. There is way too much water down here. The ducks are very scattered. Every river down here is above flood stage, including the Mississippi. Limits are much harder to come by this season. We still have a month left, so it should get better, I hope. January is usually our best month.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

I missed the the opener and several weekends . This has without a doubt been the worst season I can remember . Maybe 2 limits since 1st of November usallly pass 60-70 birds a day I haven't seen 50 any given morning . I doubt I've seen 200 light geese 100 dark geese .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.