Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Favorite calls?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Spike

Default Favorite calls?

what is everybodys favorite routines and calls for geese over dekes? mine is very basic. honks and clucks filled with cheater moans and feeding growls. i wanna spruce up my routine a bit and maybe start making my calls sound fuller (more birds). ive seen competition callers and id love to start being able to make some sounds like that!
Old 12-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scout, scout, scout, scout. Set up where the birds want to be... pay attention to blocks... hide well.. and try not to scare them with the call....

Thats how I roll... I'm an above average/very good duck caller, but my goose calling is passable at best. I try not to be fancy or cute and juse use it to get their attention or build a little excitement.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Spike

thanks swamp
Old 12-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go and try some multipe calls out and see which one fits you best. Alot of competition sounds are not used in the field. if you can cluck and moan and some good loud honk to get their attention that should be all you need to kill gesse. I mainly cluck until they get in closed and it turn to a moan or mur-mur.

I use the Foiles calls but that is what fit me best and I have just stuck with them. I have blown other call and there is alot of good calls out there!

Good luck and shoot staright!!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Spike

thanks man! i blow zink. ive tried the foiles and i didnt like em too much. ive never learned how to murmur or moan. ill have to check out some videos on youtube or something
Old 12-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by goose caller
thanks man! i blow zink. ive tried the foiles and i didnt like em too much. ive never learned how to murmur or moan. ill have to check out some videos on youtube or something

Go to CallingDucks.com. You can listen to all the sounds there...all blown by the "pros". Good place to hear the sounds...they also tell you how to make them.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

\

I see you live in Fredrick....I work just west of Ft lupton and live in Evans.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Several of those foiles calls have really big barrels and require a lot of air to fill them. Each call varies a bit... I have a good friend who is on their pro-staff and he's a great caller and makes them sound awesome, but considering he is about 6'6" 325#... and I'm 6' 175#... we are built differently and subsequently have found that different calls suit each of us better.

I acutally have a cheap zinks call and a paralyzer and I like the cheap one better. That paralyzer has been back to Ohio twice already.

Tha advice about callingducks is right on... they have a page called goose talk that goes over just about every sound a goose can make and quite a few they can't make.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Spike

thanks guys! i appreciate all the help!
Old 12-27-2009, 07:36 PM
G92
Fork Horn

go to competitions,learn from the callers.i blow giantkiller calls and echo.i like to think im pretty good at calling,so therefor i believe the better you can call the more birds you kill.but if your in the right spot nothin can beat it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.