Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Duck Call Locking Up in the blind even after trying everthing in the blind. >

Duck Call Locking Up in the blind even after trying everthing in the blind.

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Duck Call Locking Up in the blind even after trying everthing in the blind.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default Duck Call Locking Up in the blind even after trying everthing in the blind.

I have a new RNT Orginal in cocbolo and it sounds great, yesterday was opening day for ducks and I had a blind at one of out WMA's. It was in the 40's and rainy, the call was locked up, took alot of presure to blow and as you know when they do that it sounds nothing like a duck. I blew through the insert did nothing to make it easier, washed it with bottle water thinking maybe a splashed come coffe, and that did nothing. Keep it in my jacket and still nothing, once I got home and a couple hours in the house it worked fine. What do you think is ailing my new call.

Didn't cost me any ducks, all that was flying were passing woodies all outside the decoys, I guess I should have changed chokes but my luck would have been decoying greenheads would have shown up and me with too tight a pattern.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

wood swelled up and pinched reed
Old 10-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Spike

I have an RNT Timbre and an acrylic Short Barrel and they both have reeds that stick. I have tried new reeds, cork and even tried putting Rain-X on the reeds to keep them slick. Nothing has worked, I am going to try a Bernie Boyle double reed next, if that doesn't work I guess a Buck Gardner Spit Tech should do it!!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Spike

put some chap stick on the bottom of the reeds when your call sticks. it will not help when your call swells like it did but thats why i only use acrlyics.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

I raised hell with Butch Richenback, the call is back at RNT. I'm holding off on all my negitivity I plan on posting till I get it back and see how RNT treats me. One thing that he did say that makes sense, when you buy one of these calls that use cork, it has been sitting on a shelf for months if not years and needs a cork replaced first thing.

(they should put a new cork in each box IMHO)
Old 10-23-2009, 03:18 PM
G92
Fork Horn

Never owned an rnt ...so idk but its prolly the call..i have a cheaper gaston that does that but my giant killers never do and my echos dont either
Old 10-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Just to let you know RNT Calls and Butch Richenback are stand up folks, call is on the way back with 5 new reed and corks for the future. There was a problem with the cork slot, and the tone board. What is being sent back Butch has done himself and performed on the phone with today. I will be doing business with them in the future, they do take care of the customer. Thanks Butch, John and the whole RNT Team.