HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Latest Addition to my Waterfowl Arsenal {pics} (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/298510-latest-addition-my-waterfowl-arsenal-pics.html)

buckhunter14 07-22-2009 04:07 AM

Latest Addition to my Waterfowl Arsenal {pics}

I purchased this old aluminum boat for $200, knowing I had a lot of work ahead of me. I don't have photos, but it had sit in the backyard of a family for 20 years and never moved. It was covered in moss and black grit. I knew she would clean right up.

Here is a little photo step-by-step of my progress. I think it looks great and can't wait to put some ducks to her name. I'm by no way, shape, or form good at this type of stuff so I'm proud of the finished work.

First picture of the boat, outside cleaned up after I thought of making the step-by-step photo album.

Striping the inside of the boat.

After I sanded and striped the entire boat, the first coat of paint on the back.

Not in the best of shape, looks much better now!

buckhunter14 07-22-2009 04:08 AM

cont...

First coat on the entire boat.

Final paint job, looks starting to come together.

Finished product minus the camo paint on the seats.

One last photo.

Now I can't wait to see it covered in cattails with 2 dozen dekes laying out in front of it on a crisp October morning...

Boat... $200.00
Paint... $38.32
Total... $238.32

berettaguy17 07-22-2009 06:51 AM

nice looking boat you got yourself there. you should be able to do some good hunting outta that one!

ksfowler 07-22-2009 03:32 PM

You cant beat that for that kind of money. It looks great.

NCZ09 07-22-2009 03:35 PM

Great job on your boat!!! A nice little project to help pass the time before season.

Colorado Luckydog 07-23-2009 04:58 AM

Good Job!! Nice Boat!! :party0005:

Chris_H 07-23-2009 07:27 AM

That boat looks like the exact same boat that is sitting out in the pond on my families farm. Its been there since the 70's i think.

Anyway great job on the boat! Just wait til you're watchin ducks comin in at sunrise out of it :rock:

buckhunter14 07-23-2009 08:58 AM

Thanks guys, I can't wait and appreciate the replies!

Yesterday I finished up the final touches on the boat and took her down for the first trip in the water. Look great in my opinion. Of course, in mid-October and November the foilage will be much more brown and tan. I'm happy with the looks, is it October yet?

Not a hunting spot of mine, but just putting it into perspective.

[email protected] 07-27-2009 08:23 PM

Great job. Really like the camo job. God bless and good hunting

longbeard_chaser 08-08-2009 11:24 AM

Nice Job,
you have inspired me to do the same with an old jon boat sitting behind my dads cabin.
Will not get to it until this winter though. too focused on bow hunting to start new projects now.