Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 What Are You Going To Change This Year? >

What Are You Going To Change This Year?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What Are You Going To Change This Year?

Old 06-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What Are You Going To Change This Year?

I'm just missing goose hunting a little this time of year and thought I try and start a thread.

Come Hell or highwater, I'm gonna shoot ducks and geese with a 20 gauge all year! I hope they come out with Black Cloud for a 20 gauge but even if the don't I'm going to stick with it. I'm just going to wait and call the shot when they get really close. I have a friend who shoots a 20 for everything every year and he shoots them in the beak grave yard dead. I've always used a 12 gauge even when I was a kid. I just want to give it a try.

Another thingI'mgoing to try is using a bedliner to drag goose decoys into the fieldwhen the snow is to deep to pull a trailor. (A trick I stole from a dude on another forum)

I'malso going to try and use a roll of golf green grass to lay out when the fields are covered with snow. I have a feeiling this will work really good. Just a fewbigfoots around the grass and good concealment with just a little calling should do the trick. Not really needed, just want to try it and see if it works.(This is a Colorado Luckydog original, as far as I know!)

What are you going to do different this year??
Old 06-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Are You Going To Change This Year?

Basically the opposite of you, I am going from shooting a Remington 1100, to a 11-87 super mag.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

MORE DECOYS haha
and im gonna try calling this year
Old 06-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

More field hunting and I am going to practice my calling a little more.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

oh ill add the field hunting too
although ill need some field decoys
Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM

well i got plenty of decoys and i play with my calls everyday ive got the whole mojo collection so probaly take less equipment
Old 06-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

I already duck hunt with 28's, 20's, 16's and 12 gauges so maybe I'll add the .410 to the mix.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it's anything like last season, buy more shells. I'm switching from Estates to Federal Speed Shok this coming season. The 3 inch 2's did the trick for me after I ran out of Estates. I shot better with the Federals. Add to the fact that I can get them at $9.99 a box compared to $11.99 a box for Estates, makes them even sweeter. The Feds shot much better out of my gun than the Estates. The pattern was better, and more ducks fell to them. Nothing else needs changing.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

The one thing I really hope to change is the number of times I hunt. Didn't get out much last year, but that was a personal choice. I had new deer hunting land last year, soI deer hunted ALOT. This year, i'm going to focus more on the waterfowl in the early deer season, pound it during the rut, then return to the waterfowl scene. Every year I know that early to mid october is not great, but I just can't stay out of the deer woods. If the geese/ducks are around like last year, that decision will be much easier to make. I've lost a ton of weight, so I need new clothes too, which will be exciting. I've had the same pair of Drake bibs on three times, just can't pull the trigger yet.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Going to use a muzzleloading double 12ga, Bought mine earlier this year, and have not picked up any of my other shotguns since.

Quick Reply: What Are You Going To Change This Year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.