Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Mojo Decoys

Old 02-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Spike

Default Mojo Decoys

I was thinking about buying a Mojo (or one like it) decoy for next year. Was wondering if you guys like or dislike and why? Last year was my first year. I had some success and looking to increase it.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mojo Decoys

Really depends on the time of the season, conditions, etc. There's times to use them, and times you shouldn't.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rory said it.

There are times that someone without a Motor Decoy can outkill the competitors because the ducks becoy wary of them. Other times, with still conditions, they can improve success dramatically.

Deffinately worth adding to your spread though, not that you need to use is every outing.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Early in the season they realy work , as the masses of poor shooter/callers with them wise up ducks
They start to loose their pull

But if it a bright day ( clear ) , pull it after the sun clears the trees
As they tend to flair the ducks when it is clear and bright

Also geese tend to shy away from them

I run 2 early in the season

John
Old 02-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Spike

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the advice.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

Like they said, there is a time to use it and a time not too. This year we used one in a public area, and it didn't help at all. One day we even set out three and it made no difference. Placement in the spread matters too.

Another day this year we were field hunting ducks on a flooded cornfield. They were dive bombing that mojo, when we shut it off the ducks quit coming, but as soon as it was turned on, they were flocking around us.

I would definitely get one, but it just needs to be used for your specific days and times. Good luck!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:35 PM

I believe they are defiantly worth it. I use two of them until half way through the season. But like said a earlier post, I don't use them on a sunny day. But I would use one if I was you.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Spike

I would like to add them to my spread as well. I saw an Expedite version of the robo duck for $50.00 the Mojo is $130.00. Does anyone have a comment about the Expedite brand vs. the Mojo. I am a weekend warrior and will take care of it.
Thanks for your feedback.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:17 AM

i got the expedite brand its lasted me about 5 years now my battery is shot, ive dropped it to the bottom of the river more than once and its been shot as ducks are flying by but the wings keep spinning. i wouldnt waste my money on a mojo id go for the cheaper ones they work just as good