Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Need Help!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:21 AM

Default RE: Need Help!

I bought a sx3 over the summer. 3 1/2 chamber After I bought it I started to regret spending that much money on a gun. But now after hunting with it over winter I have no regrets. You will not find a good semi-auto for 600 unless you go with a used one. My hunting partner shoots a Browning Gold Hunter that gun feels like it is 2 to 3 times more heavier than my sx3. Infact after he shot my gun a little bitand nowhe is going buy a sx3.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:18 AM

I've had my Rem 870 for 10 years now and probably put more then 40 or 50 thousand rounds through it realistically and I have never had a problem with it. I love that gun. it's been put through hell (left in the rain, dropped in the slough, banged around in a canoe, etc)and still works great and you can still pick one up new around here for under $400...
Old 04-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Spike

Remington 870 super mag if you want to shoot 3 1/2inch for geese and turkeys. I have an 870 mag and super mag and only thing that I have ever had to do is replace the extractor in the super mag and that was after I have shot it for six years. Can't beat the performance for the price. I also recommend getting the synthetic stock depending on how hard you hunt. It hides scratches and knicks alot better then wood and does not glare.